Talk About Love, Be in a Catherine Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Talk About Love, Be in a Catherine Trailer

Want to earn a spot in a future trailer for Atlus' Catherine? Grab a camera and let's talk about love, baby.

The Escapist's love affair with Atlus' enigmatic Catherine has been chronicled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108030-Atlus-No-Plans-to-Bring-Catherine-West] by this point. We take games seriously here, after all, and a game that tackles adult issues like love, commitment and relationships with a mature eye? Of course we'd be intrigued by something like that.

Atlus knows that, too. That's apparently the direction the North American branch of the Japanese publisher is taking with its marketing for Catherine, too, as seen in the video here to the right: Atlus is offering fans of Catherine a chance to be in an upcoming trailer, discussing the sort of subjects that are covered in the game.

The rules, as described in the trailer, require participants to videotape themselves (and their significant other, if applicable and brave enough) answering the following questions:

[blockquote]1) Do you want to get married?
2) If so, and you happen to be seeing someone at the moment, to them?
3) If not, why?[/blockquote]

Of course, you probably should have an answer in mind for some of those questions before you talk about them on camera next to your significant other. Just saying.

Anyway, there are a bunch of rules that you can find in the video description [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQyQOyTWIHY] - your video needs to be 720p or higher, it needs to be uploaded as a video response on YouTube, et cetera. If you're interested, why not give it a shot? What do you have to lose, other than your pride?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Still no European release date?... I'm not bitter... Honest

OT: Sounds like a really cheesy idea for a trailer really, might still be decent if they really try hard enough

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
"Open to residents of the US and Canada."

:C

Not that I would have known what to say, haha. It'll be interesting to see what the end result will be like, at any rate.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Well...I AM married so I'm unsure how best to play this. Play it from that angle or just bullshit it like I'm not.

Both?

either way, I'm doing it.