Moon Director In Running to Take Over Wolverine Movie

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Moon Director In Running to Take Over Wolverine Movie

The up and coming director thinks that Wolverine is a more interesting character than Batman.

Duncan Jones, the director behind Moon and the latest Jake Gyllenhalapeño movie, Source Code, will soon start talks with Fox about taking over from Darren Aronofsky in the follow up to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, titled simply, The Wolverine.

Aronofsky walked away from the project last month after deciding that he didn't want to spend so much time away from his family. Aronofsky said that he was sad that he wasn't seeing the project through, and that he wouldn't get the chance to work with star Hugh Jackman again. Fox also expressed its disappointment, but said that it and Jackman were still committed to the movie, and would regroup and move forward.

Speaking at the Kapow Convention in London last weekend, Jones said that he found the character of Wolverine "more interesting than Batman" and said that a really good movie about the character could be amazing. Jones thought that it was the character's personality that made him so appealing, "[He's] a little like Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones days. He's got a sense of humor and he's gruff, and he's kind of pissed off at everyone."

Jones is a very different director to Aronofsky, but he wouldn't be a bad replacement at all. It will be fascinating to see how Jones handled a character like Wolverine, just as it would have been fascinating to see how Aronofosky would have handled him. Obviously, this is far from being confirmed - this is the very earliest of early stages - but there's plenty to like about the idea.

Source: Empire Online [http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30679] and IGN [http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/11/kapow-11-duncan-jones-talks-wolverine]

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
YES! I will actually look forward to a movie about Marvel's whore--er, Wolverine if Duncan Jones were at the helm. Moon was awesome, to say the least.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Get the guy who did the music for Moon too. Or just use the music from Moon. And set it in space, with Wolverine dealing with the troubles of being removed from all other human contact. And give him a robot friend who proves to be more human than anyone else on the planet.

I would love that film.

[sub][sub]I think I'll go and watch Moon again.[/sub][/sub]

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Woodsey said:
Get the guy who did the music for Moon too. Or just use the music from Moon. And set it in space, with Wolverine dealing with the troubles of being removed from all other human contact. And give him a robot friend who proves to be more human than anyone else on the planet.

I would love that film.

[sub][sub]I think I'll go and watch Moon again.[/sub][/sub]
Clint Mansell! He did the music for all of Aronofskys films and is amazing.

Also I am totally for this, the guy is an awesome director

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009

OT: Just to keep this from being a low content post, that kind of direction would be a perfect match for Wolverine

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Moon was an amazing film. It reminds me of the days when Science Ficiton had a very healthy dose of philosphy applied to it. If he can capture that in a wolverine movie (somehow) I would be very excited.

ThePeaceFrog

Oct 18, 2008
If I was him, I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole - Moon was one of the freshest sci-fi films in years and I wouldn't waste his talent on such a worn out premise for a film.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Oooh I love Moon! Zowie Bowie is an excellent choice (Yes, that is Duncan Jones real name)

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
"Can't spend more time away from family"
Something tells me his wife put her foot down.

Anyways, the other guy did a great job on moon so if can repeat that I will be happy.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Nerf Ninja said:
Oooh I love Moon! Zowie Bowie is an excellent choice (Yes, that is Duncan Jones real name)
Actually, I think the latter is his real name. David Bowie's original name was David Jones but he ditched it because of the Monkeys.
Either way, he would be good for either super hero franchise.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Duncan Jones NOOOOOOO! Think about your artistic integrity! This is WOLVERINE we're talking about!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Ekonk said:
Duncan Jones NOOOOOOO! Think about your artistic integrity! This is WOLVERINE we're talking about!
lol had a similar thought

Moon was so ...cerebro

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
Ekonk said:
lol had a similar thought

Moon was so ...cerebro
Well played.

I'd still hate to see him wasting his talent on the tired overcomplicated mess that is the Marvel universe.