Martial Artist Punches Up a Car, Street Fighter II Style

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Martial Artist Punches Up a Car, Street Fighter II Style

Remember the bonus stage in Street Fighter II where you have to beat up a car? Some genius decided to try it out in real life, and though he managed to pull it off, it looks like it was pretty painful.

Most of the time videogames don't exactly translate well into real-life, but if you try really, really, really hard, maybe you can pull it off. Trying hard is certainly what an ultra-tough martial artist did in his attempt to recreate the famous bonus stage from Street Fighter II where you have to destroy a car under a time limit with nothing more than your bare fists.

Decked out in full-on Ryu gear, red headband and all, Mr. Badass can be seen in the above video punching, kicking, and throwing himself with complete abandon at a car in a junkyard. He softens up car parts with his fists and then rips them off with righteous fury. He uses a kick just like Ryu's forward + medium kick move. Windshields are smashed. Doors are drop kicked and then ripped off their hinges. And there's even a fireball of sorts at the very end.

Nevermind that this is probably some viral marketing for Samsung (the constant cuts to the Samsung camcorder recording the action are a dead giveaway). Just bask in the knowledge that somebody actually tried to do this and did do it. And feel sorry for the fact that they were probably sore for a week afterward because of it.

[Via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5286463/real-human-attempts-street-fighter-car+smash]]

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
UTTER WIN

i respect this guy, envy him, and feel sorry for him

edit: now that i'm thinking about it, that guy must have some serious power behind his hits to dent in the car like that

edit 2: the logos on his back and front and the camera reek of viral advertising now as well, plus the youtube video actually has the make of camera in the authors comments in more detail than is generally used

apart from that, samsung had a decent attempt with this viral marketing shabang, i prefer this video over that damn monkey

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I was about to say it's a commercial for all the things you can record with your new camera! But looks like I was beaten to it. Drop kicking that door must have hurt

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I have more respect for this man than I have for any world leader.

And I love me my world leaders.

He beats up a fucking car.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Meh. I'd be more impressed* if he'd done it Final Fight style.

*Read: I think it would be a lot funnier to see some guy dressed like Hagger (sporting a big fake moustache) doing spinning lariats into the car.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Impressive! I would love to try that, just don't want to break my bones!

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
WrongSprite said:
I have more respect for this man than I have for any world leader.

And I love me my world leaders.

He beats up a fucking car.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

You win, sir. YOU WIN.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I guess I'm the only one who thought this was absolutely silly?
The guy may be strong to bend that stuff, sure. But what is there to respect here?

He's punching and kicking a car. So what?
I just found myself laughing at his serious facial expressions and noises when this is so very far from serious.

EDIT: AND, then to have Rage against the Machine in the background? Bwaha!
And not even an angry song! Just Guerrilla Radio!

Yeesh! This is really quite dumb.

P.A.R.

Jun 10, 2009
This is what the internet is all about: some people who try to get famous by making movies or making stupid internet jokes (some i like, but some should go to hell) but overall, this guy is 100% badass!

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Baby Tea said:
I guess I'm the only one who thought this was absolutely silly?
The guy may be strong to bend that stuff, sure. But what is there to respect here?

He's punching and kicking a car. So what?
I just found myself laughing at his serious facial expressions and noises when this is so very far from serious.

EDIT: AND, then to have Rage against the Machine in the background? Bwaha!
And not even an angry song! Just Guerrilla Radio!

Yeesh! This is really quite dumb.
Yeah I muted the video.