Frozenbyte Tosses In Some Humble Bundle Bonuses

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Frozenbyte Tosses In Some Humble Bundle Bonuses

Frozenbyte has tossed some "milestone bonuses" into the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, offering gamers who pick up the pack even more coolness for their money.

The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle was a pretty sweet deal when it was first announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109196-Trine-Headlines-Third-Humble-Indie-Bundle]: Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor and Trine, all excellent games in their own right, plus a couple of unreleased "work in progress" titles, Splot and Jack Claw, all for whatever price you want to pay and which can even be directed toward a charitable donation. I own all three of Frozenbyte's released titles and let me assure you, that's a hell of a bargain. But now it's even better.

"The long awaited Humble Frozenbyte Bundle bonuses are here and on the top of the list is of course a cow, Daisy, from Splot," Frozenbyte revealed on its blog [http://frozenbyte.com/blog/]. "What this means is that all of the people who have bought the bundle can now access a playable sneak preview of Splot from their bundle downloads sites. This is still a work in progress and it is missing some cool combo features, but it should give a pretty good perception of what the game is going to be like."

And there's more! Frozenbyte has also released the source code for both Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor to Bundle buyers and, finally, the long-awaited level editor for Trine, which in itself is a pretty big deal.

The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle [http://www.humblebundle.com/], the third in the Humble Bundle series, is humming along quite nicely, ringing up more than $727,000 on roughly 146,500 unit sales with a little over four days remaining. Linux users are far and away the most generous, paying an average of $11.73 per purchase, while Mac gamers are forking over a respectable average of $6.31. Team Windows, on the other hand, is embarrassing itself, accounting for more than half of the total sales figure but an average purchase price of just $3.96. Terrible, guys. Just terrible.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
If I already have Trine and I buy this, does anyone know if I will be able to gift the extra on Steam?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Team Windows, on the other hand, is embarrassing itself, accounting for more than half of the total sales figure but an average purchase price of just $3.96. Terrible, guys. Just terrible.
Wow, and I felt bad only donating $16.25...

Feb 13, 2008
It'd be interesting to know what platform Notch and Garry used, because that's gonna sway the figure higher.

I paid a reasonable price, I thought, but then saw it was dollars not pounds. Feel a bit guilty now, dammit.

Snow Fire

Fluffy Neko Kemono
Jan 19, 2009
I donated $12 just to outdo the average Linux purchase amount, raise the Windows average a bit too.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Team Windows... come on! Less than a $4 average is nothing short of embarrassing and disrespectful. I thought I was a scumbag for donating just $5 for these packs, but going even LESS than that? That's like the difference between taking candy from a baby, and taking candy from a baby and then spitting in the baby's face.

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
beema said:
If I already have Trine and I buy this, does anyone know if I will be able to gift the extra on Steam?
It gives you a code that unlocks all of the games available on Steam for you.
If you already own one or more of the games, it'll will give you a giftable copy of each game.

HankMan said:
What game is that pictured? Cow Tipping Extreme edition?
Judging by the art style, I'm going to have to guess it's a preview for Splot.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
There's another Humble Bundle?

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED? *Rushes off to selfishly pay only $10*

It seems a little unfair that FrozenByte is taking about %90 of the income, but then I suppose the value of this pack is higher than the other two.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about the Windows average donation. While they are averaging about $4 per donation, they have also purchased 3 times the amount that Mac users have and over twice the amount that Linux users have donated.

With such a large percentage of people in the Windows camp I'm guessing that there is quite a range of donations from people who gave one penny to those that gave hundreds of dollars.

Also, how many of the Windows folk have already purchased some of these games and are just throwing a couple of bucks HIB's way just because? Gamers are still predominately Windows users, so there's a higher chance of this when compared to Linux or Mac users, who were probably only made aware that these games are multi platform from the Bundle itself.

In any case, I'm just happy that so many people continued to donate to the Humble Indie Bundle. I gave to the first two, but I have no money in my PayPal, and not enough time to transfer any over, which royally sucks. I really wanted Trine.

Long live the Humble Indie Bundle!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This bundle seems to be doing a lot worse than previous ones. Personally I didn't really like these games as much as the previous ones, but I can't not buy the bundle or I lose my hipster beret rights.

Although it's strange that today I got an email saying time is running out when I didn't even know this bundle had started.