Japanese Magazine Hints at New Pokemon Announcement

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Japanese Magazine Hints at New Pokemon Announcement

A new Pokemon title could be slated for announcement soon.

Pokemon Black & White [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Black-Version-Nintendo-DS/dp/B004EW2PC6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303658956&sr=8-2] might not be the only new Pokemon games that the world will see in 2011. Japanese magazine Dengeki appears to claim that the announcement of another new Pokemon game is coming in May.

The wording isn't explicitly clear, but Andriasang translates a blurb in the magazine to say that the July issue of Dengeki, which is released on May 21, will include "New Title Information" for the Pokemon series. When this kind of phrasing is used, it tends to refer to a new game.

Andriasang adds that a Pokemon title would likely be announced through a venue other than Dengeki, so if the blurb is referring to a new Pokemon game we could hear about it earlier from another source. Now that the possibility is there, we can at least speculate.

Black & White were released in Japan on September 18, 2010, and in the rest of the world in early March 2011, so the reveal of a main entry is incredibly unlikely. However, it seems like the series is due for another spin-off. This could mean that we'll see another Pokemon Trozei! [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Ranger-Guardian-Signs-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003ZCDV7Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1303659819&sr=1-1]. More likely than not, a new title would be announced for the Nintendo 3DS.

There have been multitudes of Pokemon spin-offs released over the years, so there's just no predicting what could come next. I'm going to go ahead and say that if something is announced, it'll either be that Pokemon MMO fans have been dreaming of for years, or a Pokemon flight simulator.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/24/pokemon_announcement/]

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Eh, usually if it's not a new Pokemon game for the main series, I'm not really that interested in it.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Have they released that Pokémon TCG PC game yet? Might be that if not

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Personal guess: it'll either be a Stadium / PBR-esque companion game for the Wii (but if it's dying soon would Nintendo really want that as a swansong?) or it'll be Pokemon Grey, or a similar Emerald/Platinum/Yellow style title.

Either that or another Ranger / Mystery Dungeon game as god knows there aren't enough of those yet...

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Megacherv said:
The PC game is already on their website. No PVP yet, but that's coming soon.

I'm more interested in Mankey being the chosen pokemon for the article. Not that it isn't adorable, but it's an interesting choice.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Megacherv said:
I remember having a game where you could play the TCG against an AI. This was back in 1999 though.

OT: Maybe it's Pokemon Gray?

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Pokemon... THE FPS!

Use your poke-gun to shoot most pokemons with poke-bullets. ITS FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
This isn't new, they already released a "Pokemon Typing DS [http://serebii.net/typingds/]" game, it's probably getting an English title and American and European release dates.

Unless this is something different, which is entirely possible.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Probably just a Gen 5 Wii game, like Stadium and Battle Revolution.
I would think so, PBR was released soon after gen 4 came out so I would not doubt a gen 5 PBR style game. Which is good as my DS hates my router.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
I would say its announcing Pokemon Gray version (or whatever it will be called), but not this soon.

A Mysterious Dungeon, Ranger, Or PBR for the Wii is likely

daltonlaffs

Nov 17, 2009
My, have you all forgotten the 3DS already?

Does anyone still remember the very first time Nintendo admitted to the 3DS existing? That was just before E3 last year. They only gave two pieces of information. One, that it had 3D without glasses. Two, that the Pokémon team was given a devkit with "special priority", which I assume means "early."

Maybe I'm too hopeful, but I want a sequel to Colosseum/XD. Those games were awesome, and the 3DS is powerful enough to support that same kind of fun on the go. It's more likely to be Grey/Scarlet, but I can dream.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
New title? Then surely for the rumored new Nintendo console.
After all, that will need Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon to get great sales :)

Apr 28, 2008
I'm betting the game will be similar to Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Diamond. Where its not a brand new series, but essentially the same games in the series but with some extras.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I can has Trading Card Game for DS?

Onyx Oblivion said:
Probably just a Gen 5 Wii game, like Stadium and Battle Revolution.
*sigh* Probably. Let's just hope it has a bit more content than what they gave us for Battle Revolution.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Please an actual sequel to stadium! *crosses fingers*

Also I have to ask out of all the poke' related pics to use, why a Mankey?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm calling it: Pokemon Gray.

Just look at how it's been in the past: R/B got Yellow, G/S got Crystal, R/S got Emerald, D/P got Platnum several months to a year later.