Read Full Article

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Review SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals

Operational command of bland

Read Full Article
So Greg, are you playing the game after you're done with the review?

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
This piqued my curiosity when I got Killzone 3 (with Move) and in it showed a preview and beta invite for SOCOM 4. I never got into SOCOM when it came out, or after. I was more involved in the PC shooter arena, like Rainbow Six and such.

I was only curious to see what they might do with their SOCOM baby, with Move, but alas, it appears they didn't do much and the Move accessory is more of a hindrance than a perk, which is what I expected.

Also, releasing during the Great PSN Outage of 2011 does not a good business strategy make. Not like they had a choice, mind you, but I've never known SOCOM to be interesting for it's single-player, so it's surely not a good outlook so far.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'll grab it when it's cheap.

The mostly negative/mediocre reviews indicate a relatively fast price drop. Should easily be $20 by September.

The co-op sounds fun to me, from what friends tell me, and PS3 needs more co-op. The competitive online seemed really boring from the Beta, though. And the campaign will mildly entertain, at least. I'm easy to please. :)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm glad you were as harsh on this game as you were. Reviewers and consumers alike need to be more demanding in the quality of the games, not just with First-Person shooters/Third-Person shooters either. While in all honesty I have yet to play the full game, from the beta I have played it was just bland and boring as hell (yes, I realize that a beta is a work in progress, but it also shows what the developer is aiming for, and videos show pretty much the same thing I dealt with).

We need to demand more from our games. Enough with the same, set-piece driven, explosion-ridden, cutscene-fillin', samey story-givin', standard games trying to copy Call of Duty-n', crap we get all the time.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Such a shame. SOCOM is meant to be about stealth and efficiency, not glueing yourself to a wall and waiting for bullets to fall out of your face.

I still remember how much trouble Prison Break on Admiral gave me in SOCOM1. So much so that I had to map out the level and plan for every outcome. Regardless of difficulty, you get shot too much and you die. No healing. Whatsoever. And if you're even one man down that'll severely hurt your chances of a succesful mission.

Why must they now resort to developing CoD clones?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
teqrevisited said:
Why must they now resort to developing CoD clones?
Because COD sells... Im going to go cry in the shower as I try to wash the stench of this truth off of me...

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
DAVEoftheDEAD said:
Dango said:
DAVEoftheDEAD said:
The beta was very fun, Your opinion sucks.
I do hope this is a sarcastic comment.
I'm dead serious besides how the camera is when you get up close to a enemy I love the games multiplayer.
1. Was that a sentence?

2. An opinion cannot "suck", that's what makes it an opinion.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Wow, you really tore that game a new one. It was actually pretty funny... Oh yeah, the game looks pretty boring too.

Also, I would say to anyone who is going to buy this game that their money is better spent on GRAW. You know, a game that is not a blatant attempt to steal COD's player base...

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
thepope24 said:
I guess I have to call this game out as a total G.R.A.W. clone.
BreakfastMan said:
Wow, you really tore that game a new one. It was actually pretty funny... Oh yeah, the game looks pretty boring too.

Also, I would say to anyone who is going to buy this game that their money is better spent on GRAW. You know, a game that is not a blatant attempt to steal COD's player base...
Except GRAW Sucks big fat stinky balls when compared to Ghost Recon and Raven Sheild. So I guess either way SOCOM sucks?

Sep 14, 2009
gah fucking christ zipper...

all they had to do, literally ALL THEY HAD TO DO, was update socom 2 with HD graphics, and it would have sold like hotcakes..the controls were so much faster, better camera placement, more control as it is, better maps (from what i saw) and better community control with clans and such.

instead of attempting to claw at mainstream COD goobers, stay strong, "if you build it, they will come"

*goes back to nostalgic mode of socom 1 and 2*