Fallout: New Vegas 1.3 Patch Goes Live

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout: New Vegas 1.3 Patch Goes Live

The Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303853186&sr=8-3] patch meant to lead into the Honest Hearts DLC is available now for the PC, with PS3 and Xbox 360 versions expected to hit soon.

The Fallout: New Vegas version 1.3 patch is a surprisingly comprehensive update that adds numerous optimization and stability improvements and also overhauls just about every weapon in the game, making both guns and energy weapons more accurate and harder-hitting. Explosives have also been changed: dynamite now has a larger explosion radius, while grenades of all sorts have increased damage and the missile launcher and Fat Man have an improved zoom field of view and accuracy.

I'm not sure why there was a need to ratchet up the effectiveness of firearms since the game wasn't exactly the world's toughest shooter-RPG to begin with, but from the look of things this patch will have you killing with greater ease than ever before. Two perks have also been affected: "Splash Damage" now functions properly and "The Professional" now includes the 10mm pistol and SMG.

A full list of changes can be found on Honest Hearts [http://store.steampowered.com/news/5368/].

via: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/26/fallout-new-vegas-pc-patch-released-in-preparation-for-honest-hearts-dlc/]

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Glad to hear that; not so much for the patch since I haven't had many issues since launch, but the next DLC announcement is now going to be something I'm on the look for. God I can't wait

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
I think the reason guns and explosives were improved was because of how broken unarmed and melee is/was (Especially if you consider how easily you could shrug off ten people shooting at you if you had proper armor :p), now you'll at least feel a sting if they do!

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Good to see the Gobi rifle improved, since it was basically just a weaker sniper rifle that couldn't use a suppressor. That being said, improving the power of the sniper rifles was not necessary. If you at the right range for a sniper rifle, you can shoot someone in the leg and they won't noticed. Just keep taking shots and the Varmint rifle is good enough for anything. Except cazadores. Bastards always see me when I inevitably miss.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Helpfully this is too make combat work better outside of VATS. I really hate using VATS but alot of the time standard combat just doesn't feel right.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
RejjeN said:
I think the reason guns and explosives were improved was because of how broken unarmed and melee is/was (Especially if you consider how easily you could shrug off ten people shooting at you if you had proper armor :p), now you'll at least feel a sting if they do!
^This, keep in mind, mobs use those same weapons a lot of the time so it's not really a "making things easier" patch. Also, frankly, shit took too long to die in F: NV. Shooting something in the head 7 times is not even funny. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind, Anti-Materiel rifle with Incendiary ammo gets shit done, but when you're using pistols, it's just a fucking nightmare (or maybe I'm just biased cause I'm playing Dead Money with crap equipment after getting pimped out outside it)

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I just hope it doesn't cause issues with my mods, including the community bug fix patch.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
This appears to be just for guns and not for any issues with crashing and other bugs. This makes me a sad, saaaaad panda.

What makes me happy, though, is the DLC announcment! Yay! <3

Apr 28, 2008
Yeah, Steam downloaded this patch even after I freaking told it to not automatically update. And it did anyway.

If Steam's just going to keep resetting that setting, why the hell is it even there? There's a reason I don't want New Vegas to automatically update, its because I want to avoid Fallout 3's 1.5 patch from happening again. And unlike a non-steam game, you can't revert your Steam games to a previous version.

Dammit Steam...

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
008Zulu said:
Hows it do for overall stability, are random lockups and crashing still the order of the day?
hopefully itll be fixed if they did a huge fix up like this

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
AngelOfBlueRoses said:
This appears to be just for guns and not for any issues with crashing and other bugs. This makes me a sad, saaaaad panda.

What makes me happy, though, is the DLC announcment! Yay! <3
They said it would fix some of the technical issues too (a lil bit before release)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_patch_1.3.0.452

Ive noticed a lil less in the freeze dept

And

Spoilers:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Geerardr/Trophies_for_Honest_Hearts_released_on_1.5_patch_for_PS3.

but it says the PS3 owners can see these

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Wow... They actually made the game easier. What the fuck.

You need to be some sort of retarded cripple to fail on very easy.

Can't say I'm noticing any optimisations either, the game still runs worse than Metro on very high. Gamebryooooooooooooo!

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
I'm still pissed they trapped my at Hover Dam! The only reason I can still play the game is because I no-cliped out and found a fast travel glitch so I don't have to walk everywhere!

Also, I'm level 50 XD