Real Tailor Shop Caters Only to DC Universe Online Superheroes

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Real Tailor Shop Caters Only to DC Universe Online Superheroes

A tailor shop is handcrafting the custom costumes of DC Universe Online players so they can wear them in the real world too.

A tailor shop currently operating in Madrid, Spain isn't your typical operation. Instead of altering tuxedos and dresses so that people can attend fancy parties, it's creating superhero costumes so DC Universe Online [http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Online-Standard-Pc/dp/B002I0HHFG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303913806&sr=8-2] players can fight crime in real life, just as they would in the game, without having their identities exposed.

Mr. Lee's Tailor Shop, likely named after comic book superstar and current co-publisher of DC Comics Jim Lee, will take any player's costume from DC Universe Online and bring it to life. The costumes are handmade with "exclusive materials," and Mr. Lee's promises to respect the secret identities of all customers.

The costumes are said to cost around $600, which isn't a bad deal if you're looking to take your life of crime fighting out of DC Universe Online and into the streets. The only Mr. Lee's in the world is currently in Spain, but this video hints that more shops could open up in other regions. I can't imagine how strange it is for nearby businesses to see costumed heroes constantly wandering in and out of this place.

Source: Comics Alliance [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1wyA09PxW0]

Wado Rhyu

May 19, 2010
shit... he has found a hole in the market.

to bad comic fans need to fill that hole

P.S. this makes no sence

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
This sounds like a niche store, but the idea is awesome in itself. People do create their own costumes sometimes, and the idea of a superhero shop has even appeared in some DC and Image comics.

If a shop open in Houston, I'll take a look. For now, onto the drawing board to design my SWAT suit.

SteveZim1017

Jan 14, 2009
If I chose the wolf skin for a character will they make me a furrie costume?

now where did I put those slimline pants....

snakevin

Apr 14, 2009
Not to be a nit picker, but when he said Mister Scott, that's a picture of Hal Jordan, Not Alan Scott