Telltale Games Cozying Up to Xbox With New Licensing Deal

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Telltale Games Cozying Up to Xbox With New Licensing Deal

A mysterious deal between Telltale Games and Xbox could lead to an influx of episodic XBLA adventure titles.

Telltale Games, creators of episodic adventure games such as Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and the Sam and Max series recently announced the closure of a deal between the developer and Microsoft, pertaining to the publishing of games on the Xbox 360.

"Adding console support to our acknowledged expertise in digital downloads is another positive step in our long-term growth strategy," said co-founder and CEO of Telltale, Dan Connors. "We are pleased to expand the size of our potential audience by encompassing the Xbox 360 console consumer and bring our vision of video gaming to them."

Further details are still under wraps but will be announced soon, according to Telltale's Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/telltalegames]. Considering the company's long use of the episodic game format and tendency towards digital distribution, it seems safe to say that the company will likely be publishing its console games via XBLA, as was the case with its few previous forays onto the Xbox.

With the immense workload Telltale has taken on (Back to the Future: The Game, a King's Quest reboot, a Law and Order game, a Fables game, and a Walking Dead game, amongst others), it wouldn't be crazy to expect a flood of adventure games to soon be cluttering up your console download queue.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/27/telltale-announces-xbox-360-publishing-agreement/]

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Really interested to see their take on "The Walking Dead"

I don't see how the TV series could follow the comics but i'd love for an adventure game to follow it.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
It would be nice to see a nice adventure game to come to the Xbox. Nintendo has Mario, Metroid, Sony has Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and clank, its about high time that Xbox finally joins these ranks.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
So this is the new team they drafted in to make the HALO series? hmm should make for some different gameplay. i can't wait!

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Mister Benoit said:
Really interested to see their take on "The Walking Dead"

I don't see how the TV series could follow the comics but i'd love for an adventure game to follow it.
My thoughts exactly! :)

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
Vanbael said:
It would be nice to see a nice adventure game to come to the Xbox. Nintendo has Mario, Metroid, Sony has Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and clank, its about high time that Xbox finally joins these ranks.
It's point & click games they are talking about.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Cool. That news will make a lot of people on the Telltale forums happy. There always seems to be an active thread or two about getting the games on 360.

cardinalwiggles said:
So this is the new team they drafted in to make the HALO series? hmm should make for some different gameplay. i can't wait!
What?! Telltale Games makes point and click adventure games. They have nothing to do with Halo.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
mjc0961 said:
What?! Telltale Games makes point and click adventure games. They have nothing to do with Halo.
Errrm, it was a joke :p i just thought it was funny.

im a big fan of sam and max. such funny games

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
Fronzel said:
USE the SNIPER RIFLE on the ALIEN.

Repeat 500 times.
while your sidekick wander's aimlessly around the battlefield not doing anything to help.
just making witty remarks