Optimus Gets Mad in New Transformers Trailer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Optimus Gets Mad in New Transformers Trailer

Another day, another invasion by enormous evil robots from space.

How do you get the ordinarily good-natured Optimus Prime angry? Well, according the latest trailer for Transformers: Dark of the Moon, all you need to do is lie to him about how open you've been in sharing information about Cybertron with the general public.

Optimus isn't the kind of guy who would abandon us in our time of need though, which is lucky because when what looks like an army of Decepticons awaken from a decade long slumber on the moon, Earth needs all the help it can get. The trailer has plenty of familiar faces - as well as Optimus, Bumblebee makes an appearance, as does Shia LaBeouf and John Turturro - but it also shows off some new characters as well. The most obvious is LaBeouf's new main squeeze, Carly, played by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, but Transformers fans will also probably recognize Shockwave [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shockwave_(Transformers)] and a robotic bird that is presumably supposed to be a nod to Laserbeak [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laserbeak].

As for the movie itself, well it doesn't look much different from the previous two, meaning that if you enjoyed them, then you'll probably enjoy Dark of the Moon as well. For those who weren't so keen on the previous movies, comments [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109278-Transformers-2-Writers-Explain-Why-it-Sucked] from Dark of the Moon's writers earlier this month suggest that it will substantially better - in terms of the script at least - than its predecessor. How much difference that will actually make to the movie overall, however, is unclear.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon hits theaters on July 1st.

Source: Collider [http://collider.com/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-trailer/82388/]

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
I dont think the internet will allow me to be exited for this, but i am one of the supprisingly large group of people who enjoyed the transformers films, having not grown up with the old transformers i found them very entertaining and personally i cant wait for the new one, Let the quote-flaming begin!

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
DEATHROAD said:
I dont think the internet will allow me to be exited for this, but i am one of the supprisingly large group of people who enjoyed the transformers films, having not grown up with the old transformers i found them very entertaining and personally i cant wait for the new one, Let the quote-flaming begin!
This was basically what I was going to say. I haven't seen Revenge of the Fallen, but I loved the first one.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
The special effects look cool.

That's all I can say really.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
again with too much human stuff also the new female character looks nothing like the original (is see even playing the same character ... I dont really care).

dont like this and the same on transformer designs LOSE THE FLAMES PRIME

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Transformers are human after all?

This trailer hypes it up well but with the plot once again focusing on the damn humans and the whole moon landing thing being quickly ditched gives me mixed feelings.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
The only reason people like this trailer is because of the Inception-esque BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWM score.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I hate to be impressed by all this stuff blowing up, but I am. I am very impressed.

Jun 11, 2008
Well all I can say is that it looks like there will be more robot fights which is what people actually want. More robots and less humans.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
DEATHROAD said:
This was basically what I was going to say. I haven't seen Revenge of the Fallen, but I loved the first one.
I personally enjoyed revenge of the fallen even more than the first one, id highly recommend fishing it out if you enjoyed the first one :)

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
If they get rid of all the humans and just make them squishy things to be squished whilst robots fight to the death then I'm in. Hell, I'll even ignore the annoying close up camera angle Bay keeps using even though it's absolute shit. If it's yet ANOTHER movie about Shya trying to fuck another bimbo then fuck you, Bay.

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
I didn't grow up with Transformers, so I kinda liked the first film, and the second film was... alright. This one looks pretty good, so I'll probably end up buying it on DVD... 2 years after release... at night...

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Oh no you don't My Bay.

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, also shame on you for somehow making a worse movie

Fool me three times... you can't fool me again.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I always had a lot of respect for Industrial Light & Magic.

But Bay and Shia can go fuck themselves.