Bethesda Urges Users to Decline New Vegas Update

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Bethesda Urges Users to Decline New Vegas Update

Bethesda doesn't want you to download the latest update for New Vegas until it's put out a fix for it.

Hot on the heels of the news that Obsidian's patch for Fallout: New Vegas has made the game unplayable for just about everyone, Bethesda has officially stated that it's working on fixing things. Oh, and it's also telling users to decline accepting the update.

According to a post on the bethesda blog, the game's developers have found what's causing the problem and will be putting out a new patch soon:

"Regarding the Xbox 360 update, we've discovered a solution to the issue that's causing problems with game saves," it read. "We'll be hosting a replacement update on Xbox Live as soon as humanly possible.

"If you haven't grabbed the New Vegas update on 360 today, we recommend you decline the update until the new one is live. We'll be sure to let you know when it's up."

Fallout: New Vegas has earned a reputation for being enjoyable, but broken. The fact that an update designed to fix the game wreaked this much havoc is pretty ironic. To quote John Funk: "On some level I can't help but find it funny in its absurdity at this point. Even when Obsidian tries to fix the game, it breaks it."

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-29-bethesda-decline-new-vegas-360-update>Eurogamer

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
dragongit said:
Ummm... wasn't it automatic for Steam users?
vansau said:
"Regarding the Xbox 360 update, we've discovered a solution to the issue that's causing problems with game saves," it read. "We'll be hosting a replacement update on Xbox Live as soon as humanly possible.

"If you haven't grabbed the New Vegas update on 360 today, we recommend you decline the update until the new one is live. We'll be sure to let you know when it's up."
Did I answer your question?

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
dragongit said:
It's not broken for PC users. That's the update; the game is buggy as fuck.
EDIT: Also, first post asking an easily answered question: i suggest you edit your post before you're quoted by even more people.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
dragongit said:
The problem only affects the Xbox 360 version. PC users have nothing to worry about.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Played it fine last night.
All smiles and sunshine on the PC front.

Becoming Insane

Jun 18, 2008
Oh, f-word!
I haven't had any problems yet, but this makes me hesitate to go back to my console.
Guess I'll just have to play Portal 2 in the meantime.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Such a shame. Obsidian just can not get its act together, not through the many years of disappointments, the numerous publishers it tried to shove blame on, just can't do it.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
EllEzDee said:
dragongit said:
It's not broken for PC users. That's the update; the game is buggy as fuck.
Badumtish.

OT: Well, good to know...even though I haven't played New Vegas in ages...I really should though, need to finish it some time xD

Slappybob

Jun 18, 2008
How can i decline and update that i already updated?

Seriously HOW did this game not get panned by critics for the bug issues?

Apr 28, 2008
Oh look, a Bethesda patch fucked something up.

There's a shocker. You know Bethesda, if your going to take on the task of QA for an Obsidian game, you really need to be on the ball. And you haven't been on the ball with the last few games you made. I really shouldn't be surprised, but damn, its just ridiculous.

And yes, I know Obsidian developed this, but Bethesda handled the QA and I'm pretty sure is handling the patches(either testing them or making them themselves) while Obsidian does the DLC.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Wait until we get something to fix our fix, then download both fixes!

Bethesda I am dissapoint...

Captcha: Rdmist coldness,

Yes Captcha, we should treat them with coldness.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
How the fuck does this even work? I don't know how they screwed this game up so badly at this point, I'm amazed that it got praised and awarded despite being a buggy fucking mess, but whatever.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
And this is a prime example of why I uninstalled the game after managing to finish it.