Amazon Deal of the Day: Portal 2

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Amazon Deal of the Day: Portal 2

Enjoy the discount. For science.

Lately, Amazon has had some pretty awesome for gamers, like those discounts on Dead Space 2 and Doctor Who. However, Amazon's starting this week off with a pretty big bang for gamers this week. Today's special deal will likely thrill a lot of players, because Portal 2 is on sale.

The deal is good across all systems. Currently, the PS3 and 360 versions are going for $34.99, while the PC version is selling for $29.99. Of course, it seems like the sale will only last for so long before supplies run out and the game goes back to the usual price.

If you're not sure about picking up the game, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8806-Portal-2-Review>check out our Portal 2 review. My suggestion, however, is to pick up the PS3 version, since it comes with a free copy of the PC/Mac edition (not to mention the fact that you can play with me once the PSN comes back up).

Source: <a href-http://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E3C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304355488&sr=8-1>Amazon

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Of course, as I found out to my annoyance, you cannot actually activate the PC version until PSN goes back up either since you must have logged into Steam on the PS3 (which demands PSN first) before it will accept the Steam PC key for Portal 2.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
erbkaiser said:
Of course, as I found out to my annoyance, you cannot actually activate the PC version until PSN goes back up either since you must have logged into Steam on the PS3 (which demands PSN first) before it will accept the Steam PC key for Portal 2.
I did it on launch day. Dunno why. Made the free PC version window by a MINUTE.

That was close, tbh.

GET THIS GAEM.

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
I have a question.

What region are Xbox 360 games from Amazon? Or are they all "Region Free"?

I ask because I live in Australia and, generally, only by Xbox 360 games that are designated as "PAL".

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Nashidar said:
I have a question.

What region are Xbox 360 games from Amazon? Or are they all "Region Free"?

I ask because I live in Australia and, generally, only by Xbox 360 games that are designated as "PAL".
It's most likely that anything from Amazon.com will be in the NTSC format which is typically America.

PAL serves Europe and some other countries (obviously Australia by the sounds of it) so you'll need Amazon.co.uk (well, that's what I use here in the UK)... unless Australia has their own equivelent. Point being, most stuff from Amazon dot com isn't going to be much use to you.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Alas, these price reductions are not also available on amazon.co.uk

Bugger

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
cononking said:
b3nn3tt said:
Alas, these price reductions are not also available on amazon.co.uk

Bugger
I echo that sentiment
I suggest you get Portal from play.com instead. They've got pretty good prices for EU residents like me and do free delivery. Then again, that does mean it takes two weeks for the item to be delivered. I bought it on pre-order and I'm still waiting. :(

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Yesh, this game is on sale everywhere it seems like. They all probably overstocked it, but I'll still wait for a sale on Steam (big summer sale?). Don't really have time or money right now.

danhere

Apr 5, 2010
Isn't the "free PC copy" of Portal 2 from the PS3 linked to the same Steam account? Or am I wrong and it gives you a completely separate CD key (or whatever)?

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
While you were busy waiting for PSN to come back up, I was busy beating Portal online with several friends on XBL, MWAHAHAHA!

...ahem. Sorry about that. O:)

It's a sweet deal though.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Who on earth don't have Portal 2?? It's like, teh greatest game EVAR so everybody should like have it by now.
Seriously though, if you don't have it, get it. There is no excuse. Don't have a computer or console? Get it, it's worth it just for Portal 2. Don't have hands? Then just watch someone else play it, it's still better than most movies!

Saikonate

Nov 20, 2008
vansau said:
My suggestion, however, is to pick up the PS3 version, since it comes with a free copy of the PC/Mac edition (not to mention the fact that you can play with me once the PSN comes back up).
They can play with you with any version other than the 360 version, though.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
vansau said:
My suggestion, however, is to pick up the PS3 version, since it comes with a free copy of the PC/Mac edition (not to mention the fact that you can play with me once the PSN comes back up).
Might be fair to add that you can't even get the PC version until PSN is back up either. Could factor into people's buying decisions. Plus, they can play with you if they get the cheaper PC version as well, so the PS3 version (and 360 version especially) aren't really needed unless it's the only platform someone owns that can run the game.

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
Steam is being out-bargained? LOLWUT. still $50 on Steam, but Amazon's selling a PS3/PC bundle for $20 less! C'mon Gabe, get on it!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I got it for $45 pre-order on Steam...

Damn you, Amazon.