Inception and L.A. Noire Make One Hell of a Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Inception and L.A. Noire Make One Hell of a Trailer

When you take a trailer for L.A. Noire and combine it with the famous trailer for Inception, wonderful things happen.

Trailer mash-ups are wonderful things, and the Inception trailer audio has proven itself to be very successful in this regard. (For your viewing pleasure: Inception meets Neon Genesis Evangelion [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5HViisap3g]).

Unlike the others, this latest mash-up doesn't take the audio from the Inception trailer beyond the recognizable music - it leaves the L.A. Noire scenes completely untouched. Frankly, it actually works better this way.

It's a supremely well-edited trailer, too. The action waxes and wanes appropriately with the music, with climactic events matching the grand crescendos and bombastic swells as they ought to. Heck, if you didn't think this was a mashup you might be fooled into thinking that this was the actual L.A. Noire trailer - it's that good.

Now if you'll excuse me, since I'm in the mashup mood I'm going to go watch "PonyCraft 2" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U&feature=related] again. I just can't watch that enough.

(Via G4TV [http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712313/la-noire-meets-inception-fan-made-trailer-nugget-from-the-net/])

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
I'm not really impress by it's depth.

It's just a mix AMV. ombine one trailer with another:

http://youtu.be/he2Yk65xImE

See? I seen enough of these.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Please don't remind me of NGE.

I just saw the infamous shit ending...

And the less-shitty, but still shitty movie ending.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I love epic music. It's just so....epic.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Once again my theory that "Inception + Anything Else=Awesome" is vindicated.
Theory? I believe it can be classified as a "Law" now ;)

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Wow, that does mesh really well.

On a side note, Raynor's gruff voice coming out of a purple pony with eyelash extensions may have been the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
This just makes me want to play the game more. I wasn't sure that was possible. This is pretty much my most anticipated game of the year.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Hiphophippo said:
This just makes me want to play the game more. I wasn't sure that was possible. This is pretty much my most anticipated game of the year.
Way to take the words out of my mouth, friend XD

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This is cool and all, but I'm still not interested in the game. I'm wondering what L.A. Noire would have to offer before I'll give it any love.
HankMan said:
John Funk said:
It's a supremely well-edited trailer, too. The action waxes and wanes appropriately with the music, with climactic events matching the grand crescendos and bombastic swells as they ought to. Heck, if you didn't think this was a mashup you might be fooled into thinking that this was the actual L.A. Noire trailer - it's that good.
It feels real while we're watching it. It's only when it stops playing that we realize something was actually strange.
Win.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
It just goes to show that the Hanz Zimmer's Inception music put to anything makes it 100 times better. I honestly thought half those clips were crap but the music made it suspenseful.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
You're telling me that the LA Noir trailer wasn't touched at all? It wasn't synced or adjusted? If so, I believe there must be some form of grid or formula that these trailers go by. But I find it hard to believe that there was NO video editing for at least syncing purposes.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Also for your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOVRbqM2sQ&feature=related

Battlefield 3 trailer, same song, same idea.

Trailer wasn't edited at all except for the music being added in. I actually think this video is SLIGHTLY (VERY slightly) off so if you're so inclined just open a tab with the song and a tab with this trailer.

Still, crazy how well this stuff matches up.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
It's a little bit too epic, if you know what I mean...

"Yeah, I bought the car"

BWOOAMMM!!!

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
If the entire game matched the overarching drama/awesome conveyed by this trailer, for the most of it anyway, I would be far more interested!

Tdc2182 said:
It's a little bit too epic, if you know what I mean...

"Yeah, I bought the car"

BWOOAMMM!!!
Yeah, that stuck out for me as well. That actually made me think less of L.A. Noire because I feel like there is a bit too much of a stretch (for me to care about) between "guy picks up a bloody knife," "police commissioner barking dramatically," and "I had a gun, but it got stolen in a robbery!" or "I bought the car." Wooo... hoo? Sweet trailer mashup, nonetheless!

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Ellen of Kitten said:
You're telling me that the LA Noir trailer wasn't touched at all? It wasn't synced or adjusted? If so, I believe there must be some form of grid or formula that these trailers go by. But I find it hard to believe that there was NO video editing for at least syncing purposes.
No it was definitely edited, says so in the post. Great work whoever did it, they probably should have done the official one more like that...epic movie style.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
gyroscopeboy said:
Ellen of Kitten said:
No it was definitely edited, says so in the post. Great work whoever did it, they probably should have done the official one more like that...epic movie style.
I'm actually MORE interested in the game than I was before. INTERESTING! :)