Win a Chance to Humiliate Yourself on Ninja Warrior for Japan

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Win a Chance to Humiliate Yourself on Ninja Warrior for Japan

If you want to take a shot at one of the most grueling obstacle courses ever created and simultaneously donate money to relief in Japan, here's your chance.

There are plenty of ways to donate money to disaster relief in Japan following March's devastating earthquake and tsunami. You could donate money directly [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109743-Buy-a-WoW-Mini-pet-to-Help-Japans-Earthquake-Recovery].

Or, you could bid on a "once-in-a-lifetime chance" to run the Ninja Warrior obstacle course at Mt. Midoriyama in Japan [http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270743916806&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_3176wt_1139].

Ninja Warrior - known as Sasuke [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasuke_(TV_series)] in Japan - is a brutally difficult bi-annual sports competition in which contestants compete to clear all four stages of an insanely tough obstacle course. It's worth noting that in over a decade of attempts (the event began in 1997) only three competitors have ever finished Sasuke. Fisherman Makoto Nagano, seen here, became the second to do so when he won the 17th tournament in 2006.

Let's be honest here: Unless you're an Olympic-level athlete, you don't stand a chance at beating the Ninja Warrior course. (And hell, even if you are an Olympic-level athlete, that's no guarantee either - many Olympians have tried their hand and failed). But if you have a few grand sitting in your bank account and want to try your luck, go ahead and bid - when will you have a chance like this again?

Just make sure it gets televised so the rest of us can watch.

G4 TV has quite a bit of stuff - both Ninja Warrior-themed and not - up for auction [http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=g4_japan] to raise proceeds for Japan. Give it a look!

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
I used to love watching this show, some of the things they have to do I believed at first no man would be able to do. If someone wins the competition then manages to complete the entire course, Ill be stunned.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
I'd rather bid on Sara Underwood doing The Feed from my house with all the costumes and bikinis she spoke of or the WWE Fan Bundle. I'd rather save the Ninja Warrior auction for someone who could actually do something. I'd fail as soon as any upper arm strength came into play.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Holy crap. I've watched this show quite a bit, and always wondered if I'd be able to pass even the first obstacle. Too bad i don't have the money...
But that contest is just so damn brutal. On a very good day 10 out of 100 finish the FIRST stage. That's just amazing. And oh, how many super-athletes have run the course and failed miserably...
Still, that fireman kicked ass. I have problems remembering any names, but that guy i can actually (well, more or less) remember.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
He is a real champ. Kudos for showing everyone that if you really want, you can achieve anything.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
If Cave Johnson doesn't buy this opportunity, I will be severely disappointed in Aperture Science Innovation's Investment Opportunities program.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
Awesome as this opportunity is, it's not for me. Any attempts at the course by myself would simply lead to yet another 'FAIL' picture being added to the internet. Great show to watch, though.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I'd rather donate to NOT run a Ninja Warrior Course. That looks so fucking brutal D:

Jan 29, 2009
Sort of on topic: I love this show the most because the people who end up doing the best aren't Olympians or Navy Seals, they're gas-station owners, fishermen, just regular people who happen to be really damn awesome!

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
I love watching Ninja Warrior, some of the things they do are quite astonishing. The stories of the people dedicating their lives and passion to the competition and not quite making it are great, I still remember Bunpei Shiratori getting heatstroke one time and still managing to recover and complete stage 1.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Holy son of a *****!

I'd be crying like a little girl the second I saw the damn thing. Would be willing to give it a shot though, it's not everyday I get to wipe my ass out on national TV.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Oh wow, a chance to be on Sasuke? Whoever bids will be paying a few grand to go and see the sights, because they definitely won't be winning that's for sure.

My favourite was the fireman, so much determination...
The_root_of_all_evil said:
And, of course, in Europe, Ninja Warrior is commentated by this guy.

Better known for It's a Knockout

I love him, more so than Craig Charles in Takeshi's Castle.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Most awesome reality show i've seen on TV.

also i love saying Mount Midoriyama!