Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Crawls Toward November Release

allistairp

Apr 22, 2011
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Crawls Toward November Release

The 3DS port of 2005's entry in the Metal Gear Solid franchise is slated for release in November.

In a recent interview with trade publication MCV, Manager of Konami UK Pete Stone revealed the game's release month but didn't give an exact date. The interview mostly focused on other Konami titles in the works (Silent Hill: Downpour, Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights), and gave no other details on the anticipated 3DS port.

The port first debuted at E3 last year as The Naked Sample, which was, more or less, a tech demo showing off the handheld's ability to replicate the graphics of the original PlayStation 2 release with the added benefit of 3D depth.

Konami has a history of adding new content to its Metal Gear Solid rereleases, whether its multiplayer (Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence) or a tongue-in-cheek skateboarding mini-game (Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance).

In the past, series director Hideo Kojima said he is interested in adding co-op to the port, but currently there are no details or footage of any new co-op mode. Expect more details on this upcoming release at E3 next month.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/09/report-metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d-sneaking-into-stores-in-november/]

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"In the past, series director Hideo Kojima said he is interested in adding co-op to the port, but currently there are no details or footage of any new co-op mode."

And then I think back about Yahtzee calling Kajima out on his extreme love of dialogue...
My guess is he will add 5 more hours of bull**** talk ;)

Don't hate me for being realistic :p

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 3 was by far the best in the series, I'd love to have it in portable form since the PS3 doesn't play Ps2 games.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
So we're back to Metal Gear without camera controls. Lovely.
Well they could incorporate the free camera from the Subsistence edition. Dunno how that'd work with the 3DS controls but it would seem essential. I mean without that, it's a vastly inferior game to Subsistence, and then, well what's the point at all?

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Outright Villainy said:
OutrageousEmu said:
So we're back to Metal Gear without camera controls. Lovely.
Well they could incorporate the free camera from the Subsistence edition. Dunno how that'd work with the 3DS controls but it would seem essential. I mean without that, it's a vastly inferior game to Subsistence, and then, well what's the point at all?
Yeah, exactly, whats the point in porting it to a system with only one thumbstick at all?

And I guess this might be interpretted as trolling, but really, whats the point of any system with only one thumbstick?
I actually didn't have a huge problem with Peace Walker's controls. Aiming was a bit less precise, but honestly not all that bad, mapping the camera to the face buttons.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
Alright, I'll rephrase this - knowing what we now know of camera control, what is the point of a sstem with only one thumbstick?
If there's one thing that Nintendo have proved time and time again over the years it's that they don't know how to future proof something.

Case in point the Wii: "No not everyone has an HD television so there's no point supporting it." The Wii 2: "No not everyone has a 3D television so there's no point supporting it."

I'm hoping that this will be a decent port of the game since MGS3 is my favourite, but given the PSP MGS games I'm not optimistic at all.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Mr. Gency said:
I can't wait to get my hands on- Wait a second... How will the 3D work, last I checked, Snake only has one eye.
The 3D Effects will stop showing up at that point. It's Kojima. You know it will happen.

Anyway, I'll proably get after I get a 3DS... though I can't think of a series that's more portable unfriendly in terms of cutscens and dialouge...

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
I am seething in rage and jealousy at this. XD

Metal Gear Solid 3 is my favorite game of all time, and I refuse to buy a 3DS JUST for this, especially since nothing else for the damned thing looks any good to me.

Damn you Kojima...DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

*Taps foot for PSP release...but sheds a tear knowing it will never happen...*