Gummi Bears Create Sweet Retro-Gaming Tribute

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Gummi Bears Create Sweet Retro-Gaming Tribute

Forget CGI, all you need to make a decent videogame-themed animation is 10 pounds of gummi bears.

Gummi bears are one of the greatest candy snacks on the planet, and they know it. As if we needed anything to add to their massive egos, an animator has used them in a videogame-related animation that's pretty good, considering it's made out of gummi bears.

The animation uses 10 pounds of the sweet, chewy treat. It starts with a spaceship that tries to take down a gummi wall, only to crash and become part of it. Gummi Tetris pieces then do their worst, but they never get a Tetris. You'd think the line from Breakout would be able to do some good, but it isn't.

Things just get nuts after Pac-Man and Inky go face to face. A gummi sound equalizer appears, followed by a tank, and then a rocket ship blasts off. Okay.

The whole thing uses both videogame imagery and sounds and therefore gains its charm. Plus, it's made entirely of gummi bears. You know someone had to have gotten very sick after cleaning this up.

Source: Wired [http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/05/a-gummi-bears-stop-motion-homage-to-classic-video-games-geekdad-votd/]

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
The gummi equalizer was the coolest part about this entire video.

Very well done.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
I've never seen so many different colours of gummy bears before! :D I'm guessing you can only get such a big variety in the ol' USA :/

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
Mykin said:
Dang it, now I want some gummi bears. Cool video though.
Damn. Now I want to watch the Real Gummi Bears:
When does that show get a reboot?
OH MY GOODNESS!, I remember that cartoon!, no, I loved that cartoon, thanks for filling my shitty day with a blast of nostalgia =D.

Also, maybe we'd get a reboot until people get sick of those retarded ponies.

OT: That was certainly interesting, not awesome, but interesting. I liked the equalizer part.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Oh, damn. That's a lot of gummi bears.
I want some, too...
But the video was cool. I wonder what kind of a person woke wake up one day and got this idea.