Deep Silver Releases First In-Game Teaser for Dead Island

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009

Dead Island's Banoi is a great place to relax, if your idea of relaxing is getting eaten by zombies.

first trailer [http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-Xbox-360/dp/B004PAGJOC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1305651163&sr=1-1], a powerful sequence featuring a father fighting to protect his daughter during a zombie outbreak. The only problem was that it didn't include any gameplay, or even anything players would actually encounter in the game. Publisher Deep Silver has now decided to give us an in-game look at the "game" portion of Dead Island with its latest teaser series.

[video=3248]

The first teaser is titled "Tragedy Hits Paradise" and introduces the tropical vacation island of Banoi where tourists go to forget their troubles and relax on the beach with a drink served inside of a pineapple. Nowhere in the island's brochure was any mention that visitors would have to defend themselves from getting gnawed on by zombies.

Banoi is definitely beautiful, featuring scenic waterfalls, lush forests, and mountainous views. Since this is said to be in-game footage, we can at least expect Dead Island's environments to look nice. There isn't a lot of gameplay footage here, but it's something. We know that at some point, a woman in a bikini will run away from flaming zombies that will both eat and burn you to death.

Deep Silver says Dead Island will feature a heavy focus on melee combat utilizing whatever weaponry players can find. It'll also allow up to four players to join forces in co-op. This teaser is the first part of a series, so perhaps parts two and onward will focus on more of the zombie-killing gameplay.

Dead Island is expected on the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 in August 2011.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
HankMan said:
Instead of a teaser for Dead Island, I get a teaser for the Publisher's club?
Thanks guys >(
Is quoting and saying "this" a low content post? Because I really don't have anything to add...

Edit: Nevermind, I've got something to add. :)

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!

Video is broken. But when it fix I will edit this post all shiney and funny like. May even throw in some sarcasm and hardcore political rhetoric to try and over inflate my epeen.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Well, that was informative. Now we know this game has zombies. Thanks, Deep Silver!

[sub]Left 4 Dead Rising... tropical edition.[/sub]

Head Chef Dom

Nov 8, 2010
I wouldn't really call that 'In-game' it didn't really reveal anything that couldn't be guessed at, and didn't even seem to show any actual gameplay

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Looks incredibly pretty. But I feel that all these "profound" and sentimental images are just tricking me into thinking that this will be more than just a zombie-slaughtering game. I hope they deliver narratively as well as graphically.

Oh and not to mention that I hope the gameplay is good too >.>

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
There is still one thing that deeply worries be about this game: Deep Silver. STALKER Clear Sky is still damn near unplayable due to all its bugs and issues...

Flippincrazy

Jul 4, 2010
I know I'm falling into a trap and everything, but I'm anticipating this game more than any other this year. They'd better do this right...or so help me...I'll...glare angrily at my computer screen...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Looks incredibly pretty. But I feel that all these "profound" and sentimental images are just tricking me into thinking that this will be more than just a zombie-slaughtering game. I hope they deliver narratively as well as graphically.

Oh and not to mention that I hope the gameplay is good too >.>
"Deep Silver says Dead Island will feature a heavy focus on melee combat utilizing whatever weaponry players can find. It'll also allow up to four players to join forces in co-op. This teaser is the first part of a series, so perhaps parts two and onward will focus on more of the zombie-killing gameplay."

Something tells me that this isn't exactly going to be survival horror....more like 'Punch it into the face until it goes away' lameo-comedy.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
It certainly looks pretty nice and it seems they are keeping the older logo of the zombie being hung up in a palm.

I need to see more actual gameplay without the sentimental bullshit.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Looks like they're trying to hard to capitalize on the success of the first trailer...
I foresee that once we actually see something of the game, there will be huge backlash for just being another zombie game and not really being emotional or whatever. Then they'll either delay it for a long time or just kill the project. Interesting how a great trailer could mean the death of this game.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Holding out hope for a game that is about zombie survival and not zombie hunting. Focusing on melee combat could be a big step that way, as it could make the player think twice about when to stand and fight... or when "not getting eaten" is the better part of valor.