Minerva's Den Comes to the PC This Month

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Minerva's Den Comes to the PC This Month

The Minerva's Den DLC for the PC version of BioShock 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-2-Pc/dp/B0016BVYAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305738004&sr=8-3] finally has a release date.

Does anybody even care about this anymore? It's been more than eight months since Minerva's Den debuted on the Xbox 360 and well over a year since the release of BioShock 2, after all, and while it's not unheard of for expansions to come out that long and longer after a game hits the market, there's been virtually nothing to hold the attention of PC gamers aside from the very thin and comically bungled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107911-BioShock-2-DLC-for-PC-Briefly-Breaks-Out] Protector Trials pack that finally fell off the truck last month.

But after 2K Blog [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104209-PC-Players-Not-Getting-New-BioShock-2-DLC], while part two will be posted on launch day.

Cheap shots at the ridiculously-delayed launch come easy but to be fair, Minerva's Den was a very well-received add-on. Kotaku [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/06/bioshock-2-minervas-den-review-turing-rapture/] said it was "a fine way to put BioShock 2 to bed." Long wait notwithstanding, 2K deserves credit as well for reversing course and bringing the new content to the PC in response to gamer outcry, so good job on that one, guys. Minerva's Den will be available through Games for Windows Live, at a cost of 800 Microsoft points.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I actually really liked Bioshock 2 (he said, well aware he's likely to be quoted and just called dumb) so I might actually check it out.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
This will probably make me play Bioshock 2 again after god knows how long so fair play to them for bringing it back.
However, I'm more excited for Infinite then any Bioshock 2 stuff.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
8 month-old content is bad 'nuff... but GFWL being icing on the cake as well? Trust me guys, all the 'outraged' gamers have moved on. We're already spoiled with too many choices, what makes 2K think this will hold our interest amidst the plethora of new releases? I'm certainly not going to bother reinstalling BS2.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I was actually quite excited by this. The long wait may be annoying, but hey, a good game is a good game, and I want to support developers who bring there work to the PC, even if it is eventually...but then I saw Games for Windows Live. I do want to buy and play it, but I don't want to deal with that...thing.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
At least we get an update but I'll save my points for the last Fallout 3 dlc I haven't bought.

Haven't played BioShock 2 since launch though, I for one found it excellent.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]I actually really liked Bioshock 2 (he said, well aware he's likely to be quoted and just called dumb) so I might actually check it out.
I liked Bioshock 2 aswell. Wasn't as good as Bioshock 1, but still a good game..>.>

OT: huh, didn't know it was adding to the single player story...maybe I should actually get it for my xbawks.

NoseDigger

Aug 25, 2009
Not going to bother re-installing. Been too long for me to truly care. As was already said by others.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
bahumat42 said:
oh please dont put gfwl with Bioshock:infinite, i really wanna play it.

BAD 2K!
BAD!

(im hoping they take the borderlands route and drop the gfwl but who knows)
I think they will cause Civ V didn't use GFWL they used steamworks

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
bahumat42 said:
oh please dont put gfwl with Bioshock:infinite, i really wanna play it.

BAD 2K!
BAD!

(im hoping they take the borderlands route and drop the gfwl but who knows)

Yeah, but instead of GFWL, Borderlands had Gamespy Arcade... It was its own kind of fail.

Anyways, been over a year, and don't care for the DLC. Props for listening to your fanbase and all 2K, but you lose almost all your points by apparently having only 1 dude in a broom closet working on this project and taking forever for you to get your collective shit together. Just like Fable 3 on PC, it's garnering a resounding 'meh' from me.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Meh, it was a great story, but I just watched it on Youtube. I liked it but I'm shocked they even released it. I all but forgot about it.