Music Video Rides a Rocket Pig Through the Minecraft Universe

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Music Video Rides a Rocket Pig Through the Minecraft Universe

This music video shows off Minecraft from space, on the back of a rocket pig.

Minecraft has taken players into the depths of sky dimension [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104626-Minecrafts-Deadly-New-Ghasts-Will-Burn-You], but space doesn't seem to have been a consideration yet. The Minecraft Universe music video gives us a peek at what it'd be like if it were.

Eric Fullerton's Minecraft Universe starts off as a relatively simple light show activated by switches. When he hops into a mine-cart, things change significantly. This might be the part where the raver kids break out their glow sticks.

His trip across the world of Minecraft is likely enhanced by this mod [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110248-This-is-Minecraft-This-is-Minecraft-on-Drugs], making the land undulate. And while that's all good and cool, then he launches into space.

Luckily, he lands on the back of a rocket pig, powered by... I don't even want to think about it. And this isn't just any version of space, it's Minecraft space. Planets are made out of blocks, and cute Minecraft aliens wave as you rocket by.

Sadly, the whole thing is just a dream for now, but that doesn't mean it won't happen someday. Building our own Minecraft worlds is fun, but what about building entire universes?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
A cool vid, nicely done. I liked when things got trippy. And the space-pig was also awesome.
And of course the music was pretty good, too.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
That has to be one of the best things I seen all day!

Kudos to the guy who made the vid!

Minecraft is a wonderful font of creativity.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Well...that was awesome... Also I wouldn't mind if you were able to visit other friends worlds :D

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Just the sheer amount of creativity coming out of Minecraft makes me hope that a Renaissance is close at hand with Minecraft as the source.

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
ahw, Still no poop-blocks. I guess he´s still playing on peaceful. And i guess he did the same as for his first attempt at the minecraft-rave, ie - he cheats ^^

/waves at fellow shaft-ians