Oblivion Fifth Anniversary Edition Coming in June

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Oblivion Fifth Anniversary Edition Coming in June

Bethesda is readying a Fifth Anniversary Edition of its hit RPG epic The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-Pc/dp/B000V9C9FO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306167834&sr=8-4] which will include new Collector's Edition-style content and a coupon for $10 off the upcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

If you're an RPG fan who somehow managed to miss Oblivion, the previous entry in Bethesda's sprawling Elder Scrolls series, this is a great opportunity to rectify that oversight. The Oblivion Fifth Anniversary Edition will come with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition, which includes the Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Shivering-Isles-Pc/dp/B000NGRIDI/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1306167834&sr=8-11] trailer and a coupon that'll get you ten bucks off Skyrim when it finally comes out. It's all collected together in a sexy Steelbook case with an original-look Oblivion slipcover.

This whole awesome package [which, for those concerned, does include the Horse Armor DLC as part of the Knights of the Nine package] is expected to sell for $29.99 which, when coupled with the Skyrim coupon, makes it a seriously good deal. The only potential downside, according to Overstock.com [http://www.nitrobeard.com/home/2011/5/16/oblivion-5th-anniversary-edition.html], which has this new Oblivion release dated for June 28 on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

May 5, 2010
Huh. I might have to check this out. I've been thinking of re-buying the game since I gave my old copy to a friend after not playing it for a few years.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I just bought the game of the year edition on steam! Arrrgh! >_<

Why do they do this. *headdesk*

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Don't think of it as an Oblivion re-release. Think of it as a special Skyrim pre-order bonus.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Cpt Corallis said:
Awww....I Live in the UK. Why can't I have a cool map?
The map comes with every (non-digital) version.
The 'making of' DVD was in the oblivion special edition thingy years ago.

The only selling point would be the skyrim discount.

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Hmm... I already have this game and yet I'm considering this.

Also, Nitrobeard? Epic! I know the guy that runs that site. If you haven't checked out their podcast yet, it's pretty entertaining!

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
I already found a map in my GOTY edition....
its not that big but it does includes the shivering isle's.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
... well, I need to go get it. Now. I don't care that this will be my third copy, I want it.

Aaand preordered. I need a job badly. Can't wait to get this in the mail.

Seabear

May 22, 2011
Also upsetting (other than living in the UK) is the fact that it doesn't include Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It's how Oblivion should have been from the beginning.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Cpt Corallis said:
Awww....I Live in the UK. Why can't I have a cool map?
Um...Oh, I got it! Because you live on a island, and the maps would probably get wet and ruined during shipping, and therefore they'd be wasted...okay, I don't have a good reason, but I tried.

Anyway, I've often heard how good this game is. Perhaps if it shows up somewhere that I shop, I'll pick it up.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I may pick this up if I can find it. 30 bucks (20 bucks after coupon), extra content, no need to horse around with game + patches + SI + Kot9 discs is pretty appealing, even though I'll probably never actually install and replay the thing anyway.

I'm a collector, god dammit.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
ChillShark said:
This would've been flipping awesome, if Witcher 2 hadn't just come out.
Can you decorate your house in human skulls? If yes, the witcher might be the best thing ever.