Hudson Soft Exec "Takahashi Meijin" Announces Departure

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Hudson Soft Exec "Takahashi Meijin" Announces Departure

Hudson Soft mascot-cum-executive Toshiyuki Takahashi, a man whose inhumanly fast button pressing skills have earned him a spot amongst gaming's living legends, has announced plans to leave the publisher at the end of the month.

Takahashi has offered no official statement on why he has chosen to leave Hudson Soft after nearly three decades of loyal service, though devoted gamer and gravure idol Haruna Anno [http://www.gamespot.com/nes/action/starforce/news/6315069/toshiyuki-takahashi-leaves-hudson-soft] on an unnamed venture. Likewise, the new project lacks concrete details, though that same blog entry may offer some evidence as to its direction. Specifically, that Anno is "a fan of Takahashi and retro games."

For those of you still puzzled as to how you should know Takahashi, I offer the following clip of his aforementioned skills:

Takahashi is able to tap a button 16 times in a single second, a rate faster than the auto-fire on all but the most elite specialty controllers. In fact, Takahashi is so fast that many standard controllers are unable to register his button presses.

During the 1980s, Takahashi's incredible talent came to the attention of Hudson Soft. At that time the publisher was earning critical acclaim for Star Soldier, a classic NES-era shooter. Takahashi's unique ability allowed him to fire so rapidly that the game (a title widely seen as especially difficult, even among hardcore shooter fans) was rendered trivial. Seeing an opportunity, Hudson utilized Takahashi to promote the title with his amazing skill, and from there he climbed the ranks of the Hudson Soft hierarchy, eventually landing a spot as an executive, as well the human, public face of the company.

So beloved is Takahashi in fact, that in 1986, he was given a starring role in Hudson Soft's Takahashi Meijin no Bōken Jima.

American gamers may know the title better as classic NES platformer Adventure Island [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Island_%28video_game%29].

Source: GameSetWatch [http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2011/05/hudson_soft_now_without_its_ma.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamesetwatch+%28GameSetWatch%29]
(Image: Hudson Soft)

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Now, if pressing A actually did anything on Pokemon, I think he'd be able to catch a Mewtwo at full health with a pokeball. :p However, pressing A it does nothing. ;'( Anyways.
Christ those are some mad button mashing skills. Hudson must be missing him already. :(

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
HankMan said:
His speed certainly is very impressive.
Koun misuta Takahashi
Very punny.

And DAMN, is that an impressive skill. Wonder if he can jam a gun with the same technique?

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Wait Hudson Soft is still around? What have they made the past couple of years?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
HankMan said:
His speed certainly is very impressive.
Koun misuta Takahashi
You just keep on chuggin', don't ya?

OT: Dayum, those are hella mad button slappin' skills.

Though I can't help but feel that everyone in the audience just came to see a guy mash a button repeatedly...

Vapus

May 15, 2010
Hahaha OMG , I do not understand this, but im from the west so i suppose that goes without saying.. I laughed so hard when the crowd cheers the first time he speeds up on the button. hahaha omg .. WTF is going on with this world !!!!

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Ahh, Takahashi Meijin.

I remember he made an appeareance of an episode of Game Center CX (Japanese TV show..look it up. It's awesome.) and he proceeded to show his skills. And DAMN are they impressive.

Also, he's the star of Adventure Island?

Whaaaaaaat?

Mind = Blown

Yukinari

Aug 22, 2009
CD-R said:
The real question is, what they SHOULD have been making the past couple years, like maybe an online Mario Party for once.

Trapilon

Mar 27, 2010
I bet beating the secret boss on Corneria in Starfox 64 would only take him 5 seconds.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
CD-R said:
A Shadow's Tale (a.k.a. Lost in Shadow) for one.
They've been churning out Bomberman since the NES days.
Mario Party is on it 8th iteration now also.