Sony Hacked Again

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Hacked Again

Another day, another attack against Sony, this time Sony BMG in Greece, which coughed up part of its user database to hackers over the weekend.

It's nowhere near as jaw-dropping a breach as the attack that took the Sonymusic.gr [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/psn%20down?from_search=1].

The hackers provided the user database to The Hacker News [http://www.thehackernews.com/2011/05/sony-bgm-greece-hack-complete-details.html] website, which posted it to pastebin.org, although the entry has apparently since been deleted. Fortunately for Sony BMG users, the passwords, telephone numbers and other data it claims to include is either missing or "bogus," but all users of the site are nonetheless being advised to reset their passwords as a precaution.

"It is nearly impossible to run a totally secure web presence, especially when you are the size of Sony," the Naked Security blog says. "As long as it is popular within the hacker community to expose Sony's flaws, we are likely to continue seeing successful attacks against them."

However, the blog also notes that the ongoing attacks could ultimately make Sony one of the most secure companies on the internet.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Seriously wtf?

I am tired of these fucking assholes hacking sony and making the customers suffer.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
HankMan said:
Sony's security has got more holes than the logic of a Fox News Political commentator.
Okay, that was one of your best comments... cuz its true...

And GOD DAMMIT! Will these people give it a rest, the ship has sailed, and everyone jump ship not long after... so lets knock this crap off, its just getting annoying now...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Is there some kind of meaning behind the attacks? It just seems...overkill. Unless the point is to 'destroy' Sony, but the very, VERY VERY worst that could happen is...Sony's video game department goes down. Sony the company will probably never actually go away.

Hackers, get over yourselves.

mythlover20

Jul 8, 2010
These miserable bastards have got to get a life. Or at least have to inject a little variety into it. Why not attack Microsoft and XBLA network? Mmm? Why make Playstation people suffer all the time. Unless they're XBox fan boys. Then I'd understand. Well not really.

Sony will only come from this series of attacks all the stronger. And in the meantime people will start taking online security a little more seriously and stop handing out credit card details willy-nilly.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
If they keep attacking, Sony will only grow stronger!
[sub]Or be crippled for life. One of the two. [/sub]

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
These hackers are fucking douche bags and should be tried against a jury of their peers and then set up in front of a firing squad

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Random Argument Man said:
10$ if they catch the hackers, they will hire them to build better security.
I'm personally think their heads will be on pikes outside of the main Sony HQ.

Mar 30, 2010
If I were a Sony exec I probably wouldn't even bother getting out of bed in the morning these days. Poor bastards, they've taken a (very) public beating but people don't seem to be through kicking them when they're down.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Alex!? Oh no, that's me!

OT: Seriously, this is getting really fucking annoying, leave them alone. Wouldn't surprise me if all these hackers were irate 360 fanboys...