Duke Nukem Forever Goes Gold

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Duke Nukem Forever Goes Gold

Ladies and gentlemen, the apocalypse is here after all.

It's the most famous piece of vaporware in gaming history. It was announced on April 28th, 1997, and people were already making jokes about it never coming out back in the early 2000s. During its development, gamers saw the creation of the entire Grand Theft Auto series, the entire Sims franchise, every Final Fantasy after the groundbreaking FF7, and every Pokemon game ever released outside of Japan - closed its doors [http://duke.a-13.net/] in 2009.

Duke Nukem Forever is finally complete.

Or, to use gaming parlance, it's gone gold. The discs are actually being pressed, boxes are being made, and distributors are ready to, well, distribute. It's kind of their thing.

"Duke Nukem Forever is the game that was once thought to be unshippable, and yet here we are, on the precipice of history," said 2K Games president Christoph Hartmann in a statement. While "precipice of history" does seem a bit overwrought for the occasion, this is a game that's been in development for almost a decade and a half at this point - so I think we can cut him some slack on the hyperbole.

The game is scheduled to hit shelves June 14th (or June 10th in other parts of the world). Part of me still thinks that's a lie, and that gamers everywhere will put the discs in their (insert platform of choice) only to find out that Gearbox really just relabeled a bunch of Borderlands discs and sent them out instead.

Quick, someone look out the window and check for flying bacon.

(G4TV [http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712899/duke-nukem-forever-goes-gold/])

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Hell just froze over.

Where is the First Access Club Demo, I was suppose to get access to when I bought Borderlands: GOTY edition?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Better yet, you put the disc in, and the whole past decade has been spent setting up the GREATEST. RICK ROLL. EVER!!

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Well Guys, the day is finally here...
What are we going to make fun of now. Starcraft:Ghost?

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Better yet, you put the disc in, and the whole past decade has been spent setting up the GREATEST. RICK ROLL. EVER!!
This happening would secure out generation in the history books xD..all that other stuff were gonna be remembered for is nothing compared to the day duke nukem forever rick rolled us all into an early grave.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
John Funk said:
The game is scheduled to hit shelves June 14th.
Don't you mean 10th of June?

Sorry for being European... :3

OT: About time, however after people are done DL, installing or simply put the disc in the console and after you press the start button Rick Astley appears and starts singing...Never gonna give you up....I just know it xD

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
you mean like this?
http://i-beta.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/3/2/9/39329.jpg?v=1

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Is this...true? It's not a lie? It's actully happens?

Thank you,(Insert deity here)!

Miracles do happen!

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Drakmeire said:
Well Guys, the day is finally here...
What are we going to make fun of now. Starcraft:Ghost?
WTF!? Why the **** did you have to remind me of that game again!? I saw the freakin screen shots of it when I was subscribed to Gamepro a few years back and fell in love with it's potential. I saw the 2 CGI trailers and loved it even more. Just to have it all swept under the rug by blizzard....

Excuse me, I'm going to cry to myself a little in the next room

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Even when I play it I'll still not believe it. No way I'm believing you, Funk! Next you're gonna tell us ep 3 is coming!

May 25, 2010
Drakmeire said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
you mean like this?
http://i-beta.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/3/2/9/39329.jpg?v=1
What's with the controller in the second picture? Is it for left handed people? Or was there some sort of screw up with the picture?

Anyway, I fully expect to be rick rolled when I put the disc in.