Agent and Max Payne 3 Still MIA

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Agent and Max Payne 3 Still MIA

Don't go holding your breath for Max Payne 3 or Rockstar's Agent anytime soon.

With the completion of Duke Nukem Forever [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110331-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Goes-Gold], gamers everywhere are going to need a new "King of Vaporware" to joke about. Alan Wake came out last year, L.A. Noire just did the same, and Diablo III hasn't been in the public eye long enough to have quite the same kick.

Don't give up hope, though! Still in the running is Rockstar North's PS3 spy game Agent, which was first mentioned way back in 2007. In a Take-Two investor call today, the publisher refused to say anything about the title beyond that it was still "in development." So, it's unlikely that we'll see anything new about it at this year's E3, at the very least.

Similarly "in development," according to the call, was Max Payne 3. This game isn't nearly as bad off as Agent - it was only announced back in 2009, and we've actually seen some screenshots [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109497-Max-Payne-3-Screens-Show-the-Many-Faces-of-Payne] since then. But as with Agent, we have no word on when we'll ever see Max Payne in action again - or even a target window.

Still, even the four-year-wait of Agent feels minuscule next to the seven-ish years of L.A. Noire - let alone the fourteen years of Duke Nukem Forever. It could be worse, too: At least we know that the titles are actually being developed unlike some other games I could name. Some other games that start with an "H."

And that end with an "alf-Life 2: Episode 3."

(Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/24/max-payne-3-and-agent-still-in-development/])

VGC USpartan VS

Feb 14, 2011
I'm still waiting for Star Wars Battlefront 3...

I am also waiting for the game mentioned above, which by the way... ISN'T EVEN A FULL GAME!

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Now that I think about it I haven't heard anything about Beyond Good and Evil 2 since that teaser trailer posted in '08...

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
oh Diablo III is coming, Blizzard just take their time with the development to poolish their games.

Episode 3 is definitely my choice, it's not even a full game.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Alf-Life 2? :O Where is Alf-Life 1?
OT: I'm not really on the edge of my seat about Max Payne 3, and I actually never heard of Agent. I just played the first 2 Max Paynes a year ago and I was like "Ehh, they making a new one? Sure, I'll rent it.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh, I know, how about "I am Alive"?

That should work for now.

Anyway, kind of sad there's no new info on Agent. Really interested in what that is for some reason.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I dont really know that much about Agent, but from the little that I heard, I hope it still exists.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
OutrageousEmu said:
A new king of Vaporware? How about a queen? By my count, Starcraft: Ghost has been in development for 9 years, with nothing to show for it.
It's been canned for years now.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
OutrageousEmu said:
John Funk said:
OutrageousEmu said:
A new king of Vaporware? How about a queen? By my count, Starcraft: Ghost has been in development for 9 years, with nothing to show for it.
It's been canned for years now.
Was it actually officially canned or did Blizzard just stop talking about it?
Pretty sure it's officially on "indefinite hiatus" which means that nobody's actually working on it and they wrapped Nova's story into a novel and SC2.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Let's be honest, no matter how long these games take, they will be awesome because Rockstar is making them. I think they are worth the wait.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Half Life 2: Episode 3 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 are the new King and Queen of Vaporware, methinks.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Vanguard1219 said:
Now that I think about it I haven't heard anything about Beyond Good and Evil 2 since that teaser trailer posted in '08...
This is true. Tragic, yet true.

Anyways,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vaporware#Examples

There's still things to choose from.