Watch Clips from Game of Thrones Next Episode

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Watch Clips from Game of Thrones Next Episode

Get a sneak peek at episode seven "You Win or You Die" before it airs on Sunday.

HBO already allowed users of their HBOGo app to watch the full episode seven on their iPads, but if you live outside the US or have a draconic internet provider (damn you, Time Warner Cable!) then you haven't yet seen it. Imagine my glee when an email ppped up with two preview clips from the episode from the boys at HBO that I will now share with you guys. The good news is that the clips focus on characters we haven't seen much (Jeor Mormont, Osha and Maester Luwin) but the bad news is that the clips are pretty darn short. It's still a great tease though.

[hbo vid=1183511 vtitle=Ep. 7 Clip - Maester Luwin Speaks With Osha©ShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1183511%26filter%3Dgame-of-thrones%26view%3Dnull]

The brief exchange between Luwin and the wilding Osha who pilot episode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/gameofthrones/8893-Game-of-Thrones-Recap-Episode-6-A-Golden-Crown] weren't just figments of the beheaded deserter's imagination.

[hbo vid=1183509 vtitle=Ep. 7 Clip - Commander Mormont Speech©ShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1183509%26filter%3Dgame-of-thrones%26view%3Dnull]

Jeor Mormont hasn't had a lot of screen time for being the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. I miss his crazy pet raven and the fatherly relationship he develops with Jon Snow, which is in part to replace the void left by his real son who has been exiled (He's Jorah Mormont, the guy with Daenerys Targaryen.) But at least here we get a little taste of Commander Mormont's authority on the Wall as he regales the assembled recruits what it means to be a sworn brother of the Night's Watch.

The last few weeks, I start to get excited when Friday rolls around ("Gotta get down on Friday") and it's not because I get to spend time with my daughter, or sleep in till noon, or even play whatever game is tickling my fancy like The Witcher or L.A. Noire. I can't wait for the weekend because that means I can watch the next episode of Game of Thrones.

DerpyDerpyDerp

Mar 27, 2009
I was lucky enough to have seen this episode already and it is FANTASTIC. The only downside is I have this horrible wait until episode 8 comes around...

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I went poking around PA forums last night and in a thread about the series I saw people talking about some lesbian sex scene and was it really unnecessary. I was confused for a while thinking I would have remembered if I saw something like that so it took me a while to figure out some people have seen the next episode already. That's nice I guess for people that can see it. I can't. :(

Luckily I already read the books, but people who only watch the show might have to be more careful about spoilers from now on. If they aren't one of the lucky viewers who can watch them early.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I may be banned or suspended for this, but

I pirated the episode already. I'm sorry but I'm an HBO subscriber, it shouldn't matter what your cable/satellite provider is, if your going to offer an app, it should be available to all paying customers.

And as for Time Warner Cable, quit trying to reinvent the wheel, your app sucks. It shouldn't only be available on one device(iPad) and it called mobile computing, you shouldn't be anchor to your home modem, I already have a device to watch TV at home, it called a HD Television. Stop trying to integrate HBO Go into this app, and allow your customers to use the HBO app by itself.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
A lot is going to go down in this episode. It should be the best yet.