PAX Prime 2011 Is Now Completely Sold Out

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
PAX Prime 2011 Is Now Completely Sold Out

I've got bad, yet inevitable news: passes to the 2011 incarnation of the Penny Arcade Expo are now sold out.

That's according to no less a source than the official PAX Twitter account, which coldly offers neither compassion nor alternatives for those gamers hoping against hope for a reason to trek to Seattle this August.

The PAX website however, is a bit more helpful. Though a forum thread dedicated to people selling the tickets they've already purchased [http://prime.paxsite.com/]. As the site warns, caveat emptor, but if you're dying to attend, it's a far better option than criminal trespassing.

Most interesting to me is how successful PAX remains, despite the relatively recent "Dickwolves" controversy [http://debacle.tumblr.com/post/3041940865/the-pratfall-of-penny-arcade-a-timeline]. Whether this indicates that the Penny Arcade boys have made good with their accusers or if the Internet blew the reality of the situation out of proportion is in the eye of the beholder, but either way bodes well for those hoping to attend a gaming convention sans press credentials.

That reminds me; if you're still desperate to get into PAX 2011, there's always the slightly more involved third option: start your own gaming website! You'll probably have to learn rudimentary HTML code, and you might have to wear a robot helmet, but if successful, the rewards are totally worth it.

No, not money. Running a gaming site will completely bankrupt you. In the meantime however, you'll likely get some huge t-shirts and an amusing anecdote about Cliff Bleszinski.

Source: @Official_PAX [https://twitter.com/#!/official_pax/status/75552174293262336]

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
function, sialles

Live in Boston so I am happy with PAXEast and this years was awesome even if I had to wait four and a half hours to play The Old Republic.

Can't wait till 2012 for the next one.

Marudas

Jul 8, 2010
Dickwolves controversy- Or "Oh wonderful, there are people on the internet who can't take a joke and have to make a big deal out of everything also".

Have fun to all the con goers, Prime is at almost the furthest possible point from my house, so I'll just be waiting for the party to come to me.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
It's gonna have a hard time topping last year's. For me at least. That "DNF was never dead, is coming in 2011, and there's a playable demo right here, right now" announcement last September was flat out amazing.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
HankMan said:
I certainly hope that a convention about a webcomic will have some decent panels
*Waits for the obvious CSI: Miami "YEEAAAAHHHHH!" joke*

On topic: People are actually scalping tickets to this convention? Harsh and cruel.
Better hope I can swing that press pass then.
Oh, and the whole Dickwolves thing bringing down Penny Arcade? Never gonna happen; the Scientology thing couldn't bring down South Park, even with their mountain of lawyers and cash, so why would a joke about a World of Warcraft trope bring down the world's biggest webcomic?

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
DaxStrife said:
On topic: People are actually scalping tickets to this convention? Harsh and cruel.
Nope, not scalping. Reselling for their original price. Presumably after purchasing and changing plans.

That thread is less icky than you'd imagine.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I didn't really understand the whole anger about the dickwolves thing. In fact, I laughed out loud when I read that which is something I don't do often for comics. This coming from the guys who make comics about how their poop smells exotic? If you're looking for high brow stuff, this ain't it.

Anyway, I think Penny Arcade is "too big to fail" at this point and I'll love them until the rapture.

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
I will see some of you there! :)

Even if you don't read the comic this con is about so much more!

It is a great time. :)

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
/jealous of everyone going

hope you guys have a ton of fun!

I'm hoping to go to a pax sometime in the future before I die but with family obligations and whatnot it doesn't look like I'll be able to until there is a one right in my hometown

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
*clicks link*

Wait... the dickwolves thing was an actual controversy? As in, a real one?

Wow.

What a world we live in. I love it.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Will The Escapist be covering PAX this year and all its shenanigans? I don't think Penny Arcade is a great comic, but it's certainly a great convention.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
Most interesting to me is how successful PAX remains, despite the relatively recent "Dickwolves" controversy [http://debacle.tumblr.com/post/3041940865/the-pratfall-of-penny-arcade-a-timeline]. Whether this indicates that the Penny Arcade boys have made good with their accusers or if the Internet blew the reality of the situation out of proportion is in the eye of the beholder, but either way bodes well for those hoping to attend a gaming convention sans press credentials.
I've only heard about that controversy bullshit once and it's one of the most ridiculous things someone's ever made a fuss about. I'm surprised they dignified the morons with the attention and I see no reason at all why anyone would stop going to the biggest gaming convention in the world over it (not counting E3, which is kinda off limits to the general public).