New Star Trek Game Features Kirk and Spock Co-op

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
New Star Trek Game Features Kirk and Spock Co-op

A new Star Trek game will let players phaser aliens side-by-side as Kirk and Spock.

There have been plenty of Star Trek videogames over the years, but to my knowledge (and according to Paramount) none other than perhaps the Star Trek: Judgment Rites [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Judgment-Rites-Pc/dp/B00001QEQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307116219&sr=8-1] adventure game have ever put players in the shoes of Kirk and Spock at the same time. Paramount Digital Entertainment's upcoming Star Trek PS3, Xbox 360 and PC game set for 2012 is going to change that.

Paramount's Star Trek will be based on the 2009 J.J. Abrams film reboot. Paramount says it'll feature a stand alone story that continues the adventure shown in the movie. Kirk and Spock have to work together to stop a "legendary enemy race bent on conquering the galaxy."

Awesomely, Paramount reveals that players will be able to tackle the game together as Kirk and Spock in co-op. An early piece of artwork shows the duo hiding behind cover with phasers in hand, so expect a good amount of combat. And puzzles where Kirk has to step on a tile to open a door for Spock.

The game will be written by Darkness II [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307116969&sr=8-2].

Other than co-op and a relatively vague storyline, Paramount is keeping Star Trek under lock-and-key for now. Who could this "legendary enemy race" be? Paramount may give more clues at E3 2011, which runs from June 7-9.

See all our coverage directly from the show floor. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e3_2011 ]

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
As long as I can "Kirk karate chop" and "vulcan nerve pinch" klingons to death, I am getting this.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Which ones? The Kirk who is fat, has a hairpiece andspeaks like this...because...that's howhetalks and the cool Spock, or the young "I'm a prick and better than you" and the psychotic "Don' you be sayin' shit about my mother!" Spock?

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
'legendary enemy race' brings borg to mind, even though first contact wasn't until the TNG era. Although Abram's trek universe messes up the whole timeline, so anything's possible.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Credossuck said:
please do not let this be some uninspired gow clone or something....
Imagine if it was though. Or
It was Kratos Vs Kirk and Spock after the third game. He ran out of gods to kill, so he moved on to fictional characters.

OT: Sounds like fun though. I call dibs on Spock.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
As a trekkie, I don't like that it's set in JJ-verse. But I'll still keep my eyes out. It's just too bad I don't have a good trekkie to play co-op with.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
TitanAtlas said:
That gun on his hand looks awfully similiar...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that!
I'll probably keep tabs on this game, but I prefer Star Trek games with ships instead of dudes on the ground.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
GodsAndFishes said:
TitanAtlas said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that!
I'll probably keep tabs on this game, but I prefer Star Trek games with ships instead of dudes on the ground.
I do hope it has missions inside the ships, and ships in ruins in the middle of space... i love those scenarios...

Oh and gigantic space battles... that would be super cool has well... :D

Something like the fallout 3 dlc with the aliens... in the space ship scene, so something like that but you giving orders to your crew.... that or just flying the ship and shooting -__-

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
OMFG! ok, this needs to go on my wish list :D love co-op games :)

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
mikozero said:
matrix3509 said:
As long as I can "Kirk karate chop" and "vulcan nerve pinch" klingons to death, I am getting this.
"karate chop" ? two handed smash was more Kirks signature move . . . that and hooking up with anything even vaguely resembling a woman :p
Your right, for some reason I remember him very clearly karate chopping, but I'm probably remembering it wrong. I just watched the fight with Khan and he does indeed use the two handed smash.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
TitanAtlas said:

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

It could be a good idea. Let's hope they pull it off!