E3: Gears of War 3 to Feature Horde Mode

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
E3: Gears of War 3 to Feature Horde Mode

If you enjoyed slaughtering waves of baddies in Gears of War 2, rev your chainsaw for another go.

If you were fretting over the lack of announcements regarding Horde Mode in the new Gears of War game, no need to worry - it's been confirmed that the third entry in the popular series will allow you to again team up with your friends for some good old-fashioned murderin'.

Additionally, the game will have a "giant ass sea monster" and, best of all, rapper Ice T will be creating a new song for the game with his group Body Count. I know, I know - who cares about Horde Mode when there's a new Body Count song on the horizon? Save the best for last, I always say.

You can read more about Ice T and other E3 news in our coverage of the Microsoft press conference here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110673-Microsoft-E3-2011-Press-Conference].

See all our coverage directly from the show floor. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e3_2011]

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Sweet. I loved the party experience of horde. didnt really care for online though, mainly cause I r the suck at gears.

Still, thanks to epics last game in the form of bulletstorm breaking my xbox (the game wasnt to blane, dont worry) I wont be playing this unless theres a pc port.

Sadface

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Isn't there some kind of anti-horde mode too? Like, a mode in which you play AS the locust against cogs?

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I knew that beast mode was going to be in the game, but there was no word on horde, which is one of the modes I loved playing with friends. Glad to see it's sticking around.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Back when I was in college every time the campus security came to bust someone for pot at the dorm I would put my speakers out the window and blast "copkiller" by bodycount.

Good times.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Tohuvabohu said:
Isn't there some kind of anti-horde mode too? Like, a mode in which you play AS the locust against cogs?
That was one of the first new features advertised for GoW 3. I only hope I can play that in solo.

Zookz

Jun 8, 2010
Pretty much the only reason I play CoD or GoW is for Zombies and Horde.

Glad to see it's still there. :)

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
Every game needs a giant ass sea monster.
My thoughts exactly. Few games can qualify as amazing without one. Shadow Of The Colossus had one for instance.

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
LOL when I was reading that small block of text I got the impression that the "giant sea monster also known as the leviathan" would feature in horde mode...

... Man if that were true I just wouldn't bother with Horde at all, Nothing but Bloodmounts are hard enough to deal with then that big ol' bastard in the fray.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
They need ALL the enemies in Horde mode. It should be unlimited rather than having a strict 50 waves and when you get to particular waves you get special enemies. Why not have beserkers, General RAAM or brumaks in Horde? I think it would be fun if instead of having the same enemies becoming more powerful (a la GoW2), you just have increasingly ridiculous types/quantities of enemies to deal with.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
haha as expected, but I'm also hoping they let guests join Horde mode again...but if they don't it's okay too I guess