310: What Purpose, Minecraft Zombies?

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
What Purpose, Minecraft Zombies?

The zombies of Minecraft aren't simply there to make the game more difficult, says Russ Pitts. They're there to remind you that life's one true mission is that of survival.

Read Full Article

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Soooo you nearly got eaten by a bear eh?
...I honestly don't know why this doesn't surprise me XD

Anyways, great article! Very interesting read... However, I have to disagree about 'running and hiding' being the best course of action against zombies and the like - just like our ancestors whom paved the way to our capabilities of civilisation today, I think that, equipped with a good, diamond sword, sturdy iron armour and plenty of 'medical' supplies, a player in Minecraft can fight off the zombies, skeletons and creepers, at least temporarily. Much like how things have turned out in the real world, our unique ability to create complex tools and craft the landscape to our will allows players in Minecraft to have a distinct advantage to those creatures in the dark - whatever happens, we know that, at the very least, our intelligence is superior to whatever creatures nature throws at us.

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
Fighting zombies with friends is were the real action is at =D

For example on the Un-offical Escapist Minecraft server Escapecraft [http://www.escapecraft.net/]

Good article though, a very interesting read :)

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
All you need is plenty of arrows, some sturdy armour, and a big-ass wall with a couple of arrow-slits.
Let the Undead come, I am prepared!

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
NewGuy1414 said:
Is this article a repeat? I could have sworn I've read this one like two months back.
Yeah. This week's issue is just collecting all the best articles that have been written since 2011 began.