Anime Review: Air Gear

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
den1al said:
What a hater. Not your cup of tea so you spit in it. Pathetic...
Let me introduce you to an original concept. It's called an "opinion." Reviews are "opinions." His opinion was quite clearly outlined, along with the reasons why, in his review.

So what part of that makes him a hater or pathetic? The fact that his opinion differs from yours? Last time I checked, everybody was entitled to their own opinion. Did that change when I wasn't looking? Oh dear, I must have missed the memo. =)

If you're going to counter-argue an opinion, at least provide some qualifying statements instead of just fanboying it.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
RollForInitiative said:
den1al said:
Let me introduce you to an original concept. It's called an "opinion." Reviews are "opinions." His opinion was quite clearly outlined, along with the reasons why, in his review.

So what part of that makes him a hater or pathetic? The fact that his opinion differs from yours? Last time I checked, everybody was entitled to their own opinion. Did that change when I wasn't looking? Oh dear, I must have missed the memo. =)
It's a new concept that has been sweeping the net for a while, Called "Like what I like, or GTFO." All sarcasm aside though, I completely agree. It's ridiculous.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
I quite liked Air Gear, and it remains one of my favorite animes. I even have the soundtrack. Im quite sorry you did not enjoy it, though it certainly was a rather harsh review.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
RavingPenguin said:
I quite liked Air Gear, and it remains one of my favorite animes. I even have the soundtrack. Im quite sorry you did not enjoy it, though it certainly was a rather harsh review.
If you don't mind expounding upon that statement, might I ask what it was about the series that appealed to you, personally?

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
den1al said:
Welcome to the site! I recommend reviewing the posting guidelines, especially the section under General Posting titled 'Replying to a topic', and the Moderator Wrath section 'Flaming and trolling'.

As a reminder to all: you are free to agree or disagree as you wish, but remember to keep things civil.

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
Have to say it was definitely not the best anime series I have ever watched but it was decent. How it ended definitely sucked without much closure to the story but it did have its fun points especially if you head into it looking for some good laughs. I though the characters were fun and entertaining as long as you are not expecting them to be to serious about themselves. Definitely not the best but definitely not the worst.

Ligisttomten

Sep 20, 2004
I enjoyed this anime. I thought it was a fairly entertaining show. Certainly not a top 10 but not a worst 10 either. I'd recommend it if you're hungry for more anime.

JoshV

Mar 20, 2009
den1al said:
Reviews are subjective, not objective. If you're going to read reviews expecting everything in the review to reflect your own opinion, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Anyway, very nice review, Salvan. To echo James' statement, your style is pretty slick. And you even managed to stir up a storm from the fanbase like I was hopin--*ehem* expecting from my review.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Another great review. I'm really going to miss this section coming out daily.

PrinceMarth

May 21, 2009
Hmm I'm surprised. Air Gear is an extremely popular anime/manga series currently. I do admit it is confusing after the battle with behemoth but I still enjoy it. One thing I was really amazed at was how he didn't like the sound track. I find it to be one of the best I've heard in years. The anime received tons of awards for it's sound track so that's what threw me off.

JadeWah

Nov 4, 2008
mindlesspuppet said:
Anime Review: Air Gear

Air Gear tries to be the cool kid at the party, and fails miserably.

Read Full Article
Agreed. It's one of the worst anime's I've seen in a long time.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
RollForInitiative said:
bue519 said:
Another great review. I'm really going to miss this section coming out daily.
I guess we'll just have to try and review quickly. ;)
Well, you better! I can't go cold turkey on these reviews, I need atleast 3 a week!
EDIT: In all seriousness though please keep this section around.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Hm! Well, that was a good review, even if I disagree with the harshness of it. I mostly watched it for lulzors and I got them for the most part (I nearly peed my pants when Ikki woke up next to the sometimes belligerent, sometimes ridiculously camp gay guy in full-on camp mode.).