Take Our Hot Games Quiz!

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
Take Our Hot Games Quiz!

Find out how cool you are this summer with our Hot Games Quiz!

Summer heat got you sweating? If not, this quiz might do just that - but afterwards, you can cool off as you bask in the calming light of your delicious badge reward that will serve to remind others of just how cool you are. Or how hot you are - whichever floats your boat. And if you don't get a badge, there's no need to feel bad about it: there's always plenty of pavement-cooked egg to go around!

As always, you'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get that 100%, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/155])

(Image [http://www.flickr.com/photos/katerha/4945156317/])

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Dammit i picked Max Payne for one of those answers, totally forgetting that [ANSWER HERE] has a slow-mo mechanic too!

I enjoyed that game quiet alot aswell.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Nice little quiz. I probably would have gotten a shorter time if I didn't have an ad taking up the entire bottom half of the page making it take longer to select the fourth answer(also knowing more about diablo probably would have helped too).

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
The Hellfire question is a bit tricky, since it actually adds 3 classes, two of them being hidden.

Also:
Distorted Stu said:
Dammit i picked Max Payne for one of those answers, totally forgetting that [ANSWER HERE] has a slow-mo mechanic too!

Confusing the PC game Max Payne with a Capcom game, from the day Capcom didn't know PC's had mouse support is a big nono.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
unacomn said:
The Hellfire question is a bit tricky, since it actually adds 3 classes, two of them being hidden.

Also:
Distorted Stu said:

Confusing the PC game Max Payne with a Capcom game, from the day Capcom didn't know PC's had mouse support is a big nono.
I had Max Payne on PS2... thats my excuse!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 70%, with 7 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Hot Games Quiz. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/155-Hot-Games-Quiz]
I don't remember the Hellfire expansion adding any character classes. I know it added a whole new dungeon which I never actually got through.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
I hate the 'dusty planet' question. Took me 4 bloody tries, yes I picked all three wrong answers. They ALL bloody well ought to be correct (after a fashion).

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I scored 60%, with 6 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Hot Games Quiz. [br] [a href="/quizzes/view/155-Hot-Games-Quiz"]Take this quiz[/a]

Pretty good considering I haven't played most of the games.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Holy shit, I got 2nd place, and with only one random answer on the first try. I wasnt expecting that. Also the random one was the one from Hellfire.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
josemlopes said:
Holy shit, I got 2nd place, and with only one random answer on the first try. I wasnt expecting that. Also the random one was the one from Hellfire.
bah, you beat me by 1 second. I initially guessed Max Payne, then went back to change to the right answer.

Woem

May 28, 2009
"You're currently ranked 495th out of 505 total entries."

That's just plain painful :p

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Distorted Stu said:

Aye, same. Thought that "slow motion, shooter? MAX PAAAYNE" is instantly the correct option.

Oh well, 90% first time, 100% next. I haven't played most of the games in like 10 years, but I remembered Tropico series, and the "wit fighting" scene made me crack up the first time I saw it. The rest wasn't that hard.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Psssh, too easy. The quiz is usually a lot harder then that.

EDIT: In regards to the badge: ITS NOT POPTARTS!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
"Which of the following games has the player roaming around a tropical island as a supersoldier fighting aliens for much of the time?"

I got that question wrong the first time because of the extremely misleading and incorrect last part. "Much of the time" meaning the last half? You see aliens a little, but you don't fight them until at least half way into the game.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Wow...first try 90%! Half I did not know, and just guessed. (Desert Bus, Diablo, insult swordfighting)
Only the Capcom one I got wrong, but a second try guessed right.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Great. I was doing perfect with a great time, too, I knew all the answers and then... Diablo. A Diablo question. I hate dungeon crawlers! I play those FPS and sandbox and driving games, but top-down PC clickfest?? NOOOOOO

...still. 90% is an admirable score, I suppose. Good quiz, Escapist quizmasters!

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
I got 80% on my first try. I got caught up on the once Capcom game question and the the one for Diablo.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
That Tropico question is crap.

You aren't a dictator in Tropico, you're a God!
I was expecting el presidente.