Dragonball Online Open Beta Starts

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Dragonball Online Open Beta Starts

The good news is that the game is in open beta. The bad news is that it's only playable via a Taiwanese client.

Attention Dragonball fans: You may now rejoice, as Dragonball Online is now in open beta. However, if you're not fluent in Mandarin, you may be up the proverbial creek without a paddle if you're looking to get in on the action.

The game's open beta is available via a Taiwanese client, though the website Dbocom has an English translation patch available for the title's UI. That said, players will still need to know Mandarin in order to read NPC names, quest assignments, and other related information.

Dragonball Online is being developed by NetMarble and is based on the manga series. The game is set 216 years after the end of the manga, when players are tasked with repairing "cracks in time" as they play through an adventure that's being plotted out by Akira Toriyama, the original Dragonball artist.

At the moment, no plans have been revealed for expanding the beta to North America or other Western markets. In the meantime, you can read up on the game <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_Online>via Wikipedia.

Source: Massively

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This game is still happening? It must have been in hiding for the last few years >.>

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

"only taiwanse client"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! [http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/]

Damnit.

I've been waiting for this game for 4 years!
Though I thought the beta had already started in keora...

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Wow, really? I remember this being in development years ago...

Where the hell has it been hiding this whole time? In the same place as my constantly dwindling interest in Dragonball?

I think if Dragonball games are going to continue existing it'd be better for them to keep to the fighting genre...

I mean, that is kind of the original materials main theme... Fighting...

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Sober Thal said:

This almost looks interesting. Yet it seems a bit slow for a Dragon Ball game. I've never seen a Super Saiyan walk/run so much. Where is the flying?!

I will have to keep an eye out for more in the future.
I already played it, due to a mod that translate anything into english. I figured out you can't fly because there is no option to fly. The developers will on the other hand include flying.

I'm damn near shock that the escapist covers something this old. The open beta thing was cover back in december of 10 and I played it back in March.

It not a bad game, in fact it better then most MMO's.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Hmm... Dragonball just doesn't seem like the kind of series that lends itself well to MMO. Fallout, though, that I would like to see.