Fox Counters Prometheus Plot Leak

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Fox Counters Prometheus Plot Leak

Fox wants you to know that the plot leak for Ridley Scott's Prometheus wasn't all that accurate, but the official description leaves us with more questions than answers.

Yesterday, a "synopsis" to the upcoming Ridley Scott film Prometheus <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.297600-Leaked-Premise-for-Alien-Prequel-Supposedly-Explains-Xenomorph-Origins>was supposedly leaked on the Web. However, the proposed storyline was ... well ... it wasn't of the quality that most folks expect of a Ridley Scott movie, and reader reception was pretty mixed. Now, Fox has countered the leak with its own official breakdown on the film's premise.

Fox announced that yesterday's synopsis wasn't entirely accurate. As a response, it revealed this information:

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.

OK, on one hand, kudos are owed to Fox and Scott for managing to keep the film shrouded in so much secrecy for so long. On the other hand: Really? That's it? That's all you're going to give us? We don't even get a hint about the role the Xenomorphs are going to play in the movie?

Well, let's look at the bright side: When it's released in 2012, Prometheus will probably be infinitely better than the Aliens Vs. Predator movies.

Source: Screen Rant

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
So did they confirm it was in the Alien universe, or that Ridley Scott is returning to science fiction. I have all of the aliens/predator movies save for some of the newer ones, And I would be excited to go into the old series to explain some things.

My main gripe with the series in general is that the story kind of falters and it goes from plot into action and the story of the film because about that action.

You get an epic opening where they find not one but two completely alien civilizations and then its all about the xenomorph trying to eat everyone for the rest of the film. It kind of sucks and epic film turns into. Find alien on rescue side quest, aha just kidding crew expendable bring back that alien, fin.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
The leaked plot looked like total ass. I sort of hope it was leaked on purpose to gauge reaction to it but I just can't give movie makers that kind of credit.

Hey Hollywood....you spend millions to make movies and very few of them are as watchable as [link a="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/"]Primer[/link] which was made for 7k

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
In short Fox's official release doesn't actually deny that anything mentioned in the leak was wrong. In fact their little piece fits in perfectly with the story revealed.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I still sustain my brilliant idea that Prometheus is the Space Jockey.

Box-Office gold right there, I'm telling you!!

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I don't give a good Goddamn what the plot is. It's a freaking Ridley Scott movie with Sharlto Copely in it! Day ONE!

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Just the fact that this movie has a chance to obliterate the AvP movies from the cannon is enough to make me a fan.

bagless_hound

Jan 12, 2010
vansau said:
However, the proposed storyline was ... well ... it wasn't of the quality that most folks expect of a Ridley Scott movie, and reader reception was pretty mixed.
I don't expect much from Ridley Scott movies nowadays. Haven't for well over a decade, maybe longer. The crap that was his vision of Robin Hood sounded extremely interesting in the original script called "Nottingham" that would have been told from The Sheriff of Nottingham's perspective as he tracks Robin Hood. But instead Mr. Scott decided to wipe his ass with that script and chuck it in the nearest bin, then went ahead and cranked out Gladiator 1.5. Yeah I don't expect much from Ridley Scott. Read this: http://incontention.com/2010/05/16/nottingham-how-a-hot-script-became-a-forgettable-film/

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
vansau said:
The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.
I'll say this much: I really hope that this movie won't pull a Mission to Mars on us.

ChildofGallifrey said:
I don't give a good Goddamn what the plot is. It's a freaking Ridley Scott movie with Sharlto Copely in it! Day ONE!
Except he's not in it [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/].

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Ignoring the fact it's a Ridley Scott movie, can we give them credit for what is essentially an incredibly vague synopsis?

We've got Scientists, exploring a distant planet, in the most dangerous corner of the universe, where they are met with conflicts that test their resolve, and eventually learn something about the nature of the universe and themselves.

I like the previous synopsis better... and now, to avoid future bashing, I will retreat to go actually watch the Alien movie as being a fan of Sci-Fi denotes I should have done before I was ever even conceived.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
AbundantRedundancy said:
vansau said:
The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.
I'll say this much: I really hope that this movie won't pull a Mission to Mars on us.

ChildofGallifrey said:
Except he's not in it [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/].
Oh crap, I confused it with 'Elysium', Neill Blomkamp's next movie. Allow me to edit:

ChildofGallifrey said:
I don't give a good Goddamn what the plot is. It's a freaking Ridley Scott movie with Guy Pearce in it! Day ONE!
There we go. That's better.