Edge Games is Back With Bobby Bearing 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002

Disgraced "Edge" man Tim Langdell is apparently back in the game development business with a brand-new iPhone release called EDGEbobby 2.

When last we heard from Tim Langdell, he was getting his ass handed to him [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111112-U-K-Judge-Crushes-Tim-Langdell] by a U.K. judge who noted, among other things, that there is absolutely no documentation to back up Langdell's claim that Edge Games is even still in the business of making videogames. That's been a sticking point for Langdell's critics, who have long complained that while the man is always at the ready to threaten legal action over any perceived infringement of the term "edge," he hasn't actually made a videogame in years.

Yet Edge Games is apparently back in the game with Bobby Bearing [http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/edgebobby2/id440980883?mt=8], as we all know, came out in 1986 for the Sinclair Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and Commodore 64.

"Bobby returns to Technofear to retrieve his brothers who have got lost again," the App Store description says. "Easy to play, but hard to master, this arcade style action puzzle game will keep you challenged for hours."

Despite being called EDGEBobby2 on the App Store, [or Pocket Gamer [http://itunes.apple.com/app/edgebobby2free/id441097268?mt=8], plans are afoot to bring it to Android, PC and Mac, although when that might actually happen is anyone's guess. I'm an Android man myself so I can't take this thing for a spin in its current condition but I do have to wonder what it's actually like. Any iPhone owners out there feel like putting in a few minutes to satisfy my curiosity?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
So, it's called actually called "Bobby Bearing 2", but he decided to call it "EDGEBobby2" on the app store assumingly just so he could get the word "edge" in there somewhere?

Man, what an asshole.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I wonder what it's like to live in a world of complete self-delusion. Some people just don't know when to quit and/or think they're so much better than everyone else that they can't believe they've been beat. Tim Langdell, you're an embarrassment to the video game industry.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Downloading the free version now.

I'll edit in and let you know.

;)

Edit:

It's a miserable pile of shit.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
He's trying too hard to be an ass-hat.

I wish there was more I could put into this post, since I like to type up a storm about anything really, but really there's nothing else to be said at this point.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
Damn, I read the title and I thought it had something to do with a sharp edge, Bobby Kotick, and rolling.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sparrow said:
So, it's called actually called "Bobby Bearing 2", but he decided to call it "EDGEBobby2" on the app store assumingly just so he could get the word "edge" in there somewhere?
That seems to be the case, or at least the most popular theory. The name has kind of a rushed look about it, though, which had me wondering if maybe it was part of a hurried gambit to reclaim some of his lost territories. Maybe if he can demonstrate that he is still making games, and he is in fact using his "Edge" trademark, he'll be able to restore his claim to it or at least hold on to whatever little he has left?

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Hey everyone! I have an idea! Let's all not buy this piece of shit made by a piece of shit! Let's do it together on the count of 3! Ready?

3!!!!!

Wasn't that fun? I feel good about myself. Don't you?

Seriously, does this asshat actually think anyone's gonna support him after all the ubertrolling he's put us through?

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
gunner1905 said:
Damn, I read the title and I thought it had something to do with a sharp edge, Bobby Kotick, and rolling.
You mean Kotickmari DamEDGEcy? HAhahaha, oh I kill me.

Actually I should, given how lame that pun was.

But seriously, even if it were to come out to the Droid, my ass isn't downloading it: I refuse to give this douchenozzle the time of day for his stupid little game.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Now there's a name I haven't heard in ages. I was never good at those isometric games like Gyroscope and Marble Madness.

Andy Chalk said:
Yet Edge Games is apparently back in the game with EDGEBobby2 [http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/edgebobby2/id440980883?mt=8],
EDGEBobby2? Oh, go to hell Langdell. This is a shoddier piece of rebadging work than hastily repainting a stolen car.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
What is this sh** ? it looks like the game that got trampled by Q-Bert 25 years ago :p

Crappy port of a crappy game does not a game company make.

When your last "hit" game was released on a cassette you should know you're very irrelevant by now.

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
So he'll try to go to court with the next person to put "Edge" in their game, using this game as his only example, and get stomped again. Awesome.

Hiname

Songstress of Ar Ciel
Mar 23, 2011
I... I cannot even "think" of something that would reflect on the groundbreaking stupidity that man managed.

One would think a sane human would give up on things like hat after being so openly crushed and humiliated.

Missing SHODAN

Jun 9, 2010
I played the first three levels in the free version. It's basically marble madness but without any of the difficulty because you can't accidentally roll off the EDGE of the platforms. I'd have played further (for science), but honestly I didn't see anything in the game that made me think it's worth the time or effort.