SOE Fan Faire Costume Gallery

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
SOE Fan Faire Costume Gallery

Check out all the amazing costumes from Fan Faire this weekend.

Xenominim

Jan 11, 2011
I'll never understand going through the hassle of dressing up in costume without the promise of a bucketload of candy by the end of the day.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
What?!?! SOE's Fan Faire, and not ONE costume refference to DCUO?!?!?! EPIC FAIL COSPLAYERS!!! ;)

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Xenominim said:
I'll never understand going through the hassle of dressing up in costume without the promise of a bucketload of candy by the end of the day.
A few weeks ago I was a judge at one of the biggest anime/cosplay conventions here in Norway. A lot of people had put a lot of effort into their costumes and characters. Even though I'm no fan of cosplay, I almost felt bad when I couldn't give out prizes to some of those who had put so much work into their hobby. This was way better than any of what I've seen in this album.
At the end of the day it was even worse, as the winner got a bag of mediocre free stuff, and the rest (of those who were good enough) only got a diploma. It certainly can't be bucketload of candy or in this case, bucketload of nothing and a free hug and 5 minutes of fame. As to what drives these people to invest so much time, work, and money (the event ain't free of course), I have no idea.

I'm just glad I won't have to see them suffer like that (although my inner self really wants to dislike them, but I can't) until next year.

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
I hate to say it, but I've seen the same quality of stuff from 4chan's "lol look at these bad cosplayers" threads. Granted none were the grossly overweight girls in mini-clothes, but some of them I looked at and imagined doing a better job of at least making things look like their video-game counterpart.

And I know I have no skill with anything related to crafting anything.