Name Game: A Boy and His Bike Part 4

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
X3 I have a friend like that little girl, but she isn't so little anymore :p

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
"A B+ and an A-?!? No video games for a month! Oh wait it's just English and History... never mind. You're fine."

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
One day, I hope to have a daughter, and I hope I hear her, as a child, shout Fatality!

I will be so proud.
Personally, I plan to keep saying 'boom, headshot' at any child I have until it becomes their first words.

That, or 'n00b'

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Any criticisms about this story arc getting too serious is bullshit. This comic made my day 4 weeks in a row. Thank you for being so awesome!

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
My daughter and I used to play MK when she was around 10. I turned off the blood at first of course. But as she got older and started getting into horror flicks and such, eventually the "No Blood" option wasn't as important anymore.

Now she's a teenager though. Playing MK with Daddy isn't "cool" anymore. :(

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
I like the story, but I think maybe story arcs like this that are only updated once a week wind up with a poor-er reception simply because of the wait between strips?

On a side note, I love that kid.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
:) Ahhhh. That's a change. Last one ripped out my heartstrings with sadness, and this one is so sweet I just got diabetes. At least when you kill me this time, I'll have a smile.

P.S. Keep doing what you're doing. I love it to death.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
ZZoMBiE13 said:
My daughter and I used to play MK when she was around 10. I turned off the blood at first of course. But as she got older and started getting into horror flicks and such, eventually the "No Blood" option wasn't as important anymore.

:( Damn...And I thought the last comic was sad...hope she comes around and plays a few games with you man.

Aug 25, 2009
I love comics that have storylines and character development. In fact, about the only true 'gag a day' strip I like is Penny Arcade. I just don't like reading anything unless it has a point, and if the only point of something is a punchline then after a while it starts feeling tired and repetitive.

Heck, even Penny-Arcade experiments from time to time, and that's usually when I like it the most.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
One day, I hope to have a daughter, and I hope I hear her, as a child, shout Fatality!

I will be so proud.
YES YES!! Hehehe this definitely reminds me of my little sister. 'Cept she loves using Kenshi and spams that spirit charge all day.

Secondly she is completely right about Noob and Smoke. This comic is win! Pure win!

What do you think about it Noob?

Jeez never mind you shadow-douche >_> [/HEADING]

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
ZZoMBiE13 said:

Dude!! Bummer! My dad still plays Mortal Kombat with me and I never considered him "uncool". Hell he remembers playing the Original with my mom.

Hope your daughter finds the fun in sharing great games with her parents again.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
How dare you try to do different things with your thing! HOW. DARE. YOU.

*ahem* so anyway I enjoyed this.

*cough*spelling error*cough*

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
SoopaSte123 said:
"A B+ and an A-?!? No video games for a month! Oh wait it's just English and History... never mind. You're fine."
Well, you know... if you play a lot of Mortal Kombat it kan make your English a little shakey >_>

OT: I like this a lot, though this week i didn't see much about the bike. I guess it's ok to learn about the boy too 'cause he seems to be awesome under the surface too :D

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
DAWWWWWW. Super-sweet I like it. Oh and to those folks who told you they don't like serious in the comic...ignore them. They have to understand that comics are a medium not a genre. Also that medium isn't limited to the little kiddie sweet and innocent stage or the crude humor stage forever. I prefer to think of this as some of your best expressionist work. Carry on citizen!

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:

Pfft. Don´t you know Left 4 dead is where it´s at now? Man, you old people are so...old. (Sarcasm, in case you didn´t notice.)

OT: Good comic. I´m intrested in seeing the characters develop.