Your (Fat) Princess is In Another Castle

Lara Crigger

Jul 11, 2006
Your (Fat) Princess is In Another Castle

Can you ever really trust a girl who lies about her age?

Read Full Article

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Good advice on both accounts.

Particularily guy number 2. Look dude, if you like the bigguns, just god damn wear it with pride.

They'll make fun of you for it for... oh... a while. But who gives a shit, you'll be happy and secure in the fact that hey... they're not going after your play.

stormshot

Standing behind you
Aug 29, 2010
To suckered by sweet sixteen you are only a pedophile if you want someone before puberty after is biologically acceptable just you can still be punished for it by the courts.

Tonjac

Jan 27, 2010
Guy number 1, honestly, you arent THAT much older than her, i myself am from denmark where the legal age of sexual consent is 15, so admittedly my viewpoint on this may be different than yours.

Now, if you care about this girl, then by all means keep contact with her. Do the right thing, and don't actually date her untill she's of a legal age, and blam, no problem.

Everyone lies a bit in the start of a relationship. Whether a relationship starts in a bar, first date in a coffee-shop or through the internet, then in the beginning of a relationship people always tend to show their good sides only.

She lied about her age, and that's a bummer, but if you're willing to wait till you are sure she's legal, then by all means, go for it.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
i'd be concerned about the lying but it's totally fine for a 20yo to go on dates with a 17yo

just because you can't get physical with her is no reason to avoid interacting together in person.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Great advice for the first guy. Well for the second guy too, I just enjoyed the first one a little more.

"(But the courts can. Don't forget that.)"
It's a serious statement with a hint of humor. Love it.

Back to the subject, it's hard to know if someone is telling the truth (especially about age) over the internet. I don't want to say "move on!! She's lying!!" because it's obvious sbSS cares about her, but at the same time, maybe sbSS should look for someone around his own age...JUST IN CASE she really was lying again.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
GrandmaFunk said:
i'd be concerned about the lying but it's totally fine for a 20yo to go on dates with a 17yo

just because you can't get physical with her is no reason to avoid interacting together in person.
This. To Suckered By Sweet Sixteen, I had a situation almost exactly like yours, except she was two years younger instead of three. A lot of it boils down to the age of consent in your state/her state if she lives in a different state, and if you've had talks about sex with her and having sex with her and whatnot, because even talking about having sex with her is something that the courts can get you for.

I am also 20, with my gf turning 18 this year. We met online, much the same as you and your girl. I have to say that I disagree with the people that say that you're a pedophile, and that the courts can get you and lock you up and whatnot.

Like I said though, look up the age of consent in your state and hers if she lives elsewhere. It's fine to visit and be friends, but never be alone with her if she's considered under the age of consent in whatever state you are in when you're visiting.

Some examples, Florida's AOC, 18 with 2 year age gap, Texas AOC, 17 with 3 year age gap, New Hampshire, 16, but I don't know the age gap. Some states have the AOC as low as 15, but most keep it around 17-18, and some states don't have the age gap. If you really like this girl, as it sounds like you do, just be smart and don't do anything that would get either of you in trouble.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
I would advise caution to the first guy. If she lied about one thing theres a good chance that she has lied about another. She could even be a much older women who likes to prey on younger men. You could be one of several she has on a line so just don't give her any finical information.

Also if she is telling the truth about her age now then deffinetly stay away. As Lara said the law CAN hurt you and will. I had a friend how was 18 and dated a girl that was 17. Long story short her parents pressed charges and now he has to live with sex offender status. It has screwed his life hard.

Joe Byron

Jan 16, 2011
For guy 1 I present the age-comparison creepiness equation: [(your age x .5) rounded down] + 7 is the minimum age of someone you can date without it being creepy

At twenty, 17 is your absolute minimum. Also, you should check the age of consent laws in your given area.

Jay Champagne

May 10, 2011
Guy #1, you're not a pedophile. That said, move on. Her personality hasn't crystallized yet, and when it does she won't be the person she is now.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Who cares if it's fine, she's a girl who isn't mature enough to be honest about her age to someone around her same age.

It's a trap. Run.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
You Guys just connected over the internet and that is a tricky one.
But i wouldn't give her up because she is too young. (Come on 17 to 20 isn't that much)
If it's illegal in your country, then wait a year till you get busy with her, but that doesn't mean that you cannot meet her.
In fact, you guys just met over the internet, so you don't REALLY know her.
Let her visit you, or visit her and see if she is really that what you imagined.
Just get to know the person and don't stop it because of the age. Maybe my View is different because i live in Germany and we can do what we want when we are at least 16 (When both want it, of course), but i don't think that age should be the problem here.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
For number, the girl is only 3 years younger. That really ain't that much. In most places in the world you'd be allowed to be with her anyway (by which I don't mean you should do anything, because you should obey the laws of your country. Just saying)

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
I know a guy who used to date a girl who lied about her age... He was 20 and she was 16. He only learned her real age through her grandmother who was surprised he dated someone so young. He got really pissed and when he confronted the girl about it she said she lied because she was afraid he wouldn't go out with her if he knew her real age (which was pretty much accurate).

He decided to keep being with her because he figured if he left her now, he'd just be acknowledging the fact that her age was more important than her personality (after all, he obviously liked her since he was attracted to her in the first place without knowing her age).

What happened in the end was that she grew so afraid that he'd leave her for someone more his age that she progressively turned into a jealous, possessive girlfriend, and effectively contributed to the end of their relationship after a long and painful agony.

And I agree with other people who said that if a girl lies about this, she can lie about much else.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Wouldn't be so direct at the first guy.

17 and 20 ain't that bad. That's only 3 years. There's plenty of 17 year olds acting more mature then any number of 20 year olds.

As for her lying about her age, she's 16-17. She's at the point where everyone expects her to act like she's 18 but nobody wants to treat her like she's 18. I honestly can't blame her for adding a single year. Sure it's not the most mature thing ever but it's not like 20 is THAT mature.

Guess how many 20 year olds are lying about being 21? I'd probably go as far as saying that it's more then the amount of 16 year old lying about being 17.

I'd say give her a chance. Be wary about it, but I don't see a reason to just chuck it all out right now.

As for the second guy, can't say much that hasn't already been said.

Ophenix

Sep 2, 2009
razer17 said:
For number, the girl is only 3 years younger. That really ain't that much. In most places in the world you'd be allowed to be with her anyway (by which I don't mean you should do anything, because you should obey the laws of your country. Just saying)
She lied and had to be caught on it. Who knows what else she was lying about...
Keep away from people who lie on things as insignificant as age (17 is just as illegal as 16 in most countries) because you don't want to know what else they are lying about.

As for the second post -
Being skinny and fit when I was young I just assumed fat was something everyone found disgusting. And how wrong was I? :D
To my great surprise I found out most guys like a woman who isn't made up of matchsticks and a lot of guys love their women large.
"More to love" isn't just an expression, guys actually dig that.
So don't feel like liking something that is other that a top-model makes you weird or perverse. Come out of the closet and tell everyone you like your girls XL.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Hagi said:
Wouldn't be so direct at the first guy.

17 and 20 ain't that bad. That's only 3 years. There's plenty of 17 year olds acting more mature then any number of 20 year olds.

As for her lying about her age, she's 16-17. She's at the point where everyone expects her to act like she's 18 but nobody wants to treat her like she's 18. I honestly can't blame her for adding a single year. Sure it's not the most mature thing ever but it's not like 20 is THAT mature.

Guess how many 20 year olds are lying about being 21? I'd probably go as far as saying that it's more then the amount of 16 year old lying about being 17.

I'd say give her a chance. Be wary about it, but I don't see a reason to just chuck it all out right now.

As for the second guy, can't say much that hasn't already been said.
Afraid I'd have to agree here. Is she likely to change in the next few years? Of course, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to give her a chance regardless. If you're someone who's already waited this long, I don't see any problem in waiting longer. Perhaps that's just because I've been in a long-term relationship with someone before and can understand how close you can be to someone who you've never 'met'.

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
I think the biggest problem with SbSS' case is that he met the girl on the internetz. And she lied. And he still thinks the world of her. Even though he's never seen her. Or probably heard her. Or smelled her. Yeah the last one is a bit weird, but smell is important to attraction. Sometimes, with girls and the internet, guys tend to make up images comprised partially of reality but mostly of their fantasies on the girls with whom they are talking. This is bad. This pedestolizes the woman and can set the guy up for atrocious failures of reality in terms of living up to expectations. Don't do this.

It's kind of like the problem I have with certain Christians and their views on the world. They think that they don't need to worry about this life because the next life will be everything they ever hoped for and more. Well, this girl is blasphemously close to being this guy's heaven and instead of living life to the fullest and enjoying the heaven that can be found here on earth, he's waiting for something that may or may not be a complete fabrication of the desperate human mind. I'd rather live than wait for possible false promises to be fulfilled.