Media Molecule Working On New PS3 Game?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Media Molecule Working On New PS3 Game?

A job listing posted by LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule suggests that the studio is currently developing a "ground-breaking" game for the PS3.

What is Media Molecule up to these days? They're working on LittleBigPlanet updates, they're helping out with LittleBigPlanet PSP, or at least that's what we know about. Seems like more than enough for a small studio like MM, but a crew of folks as imaginative as those guys can't not be doing something bigger than that, right?

Judging from a job listing [http://www.edge-online.com/jobs/gameplay-programmer-media-molecule] posted by the studio, Media Molecule just might be working on something new. The ad is for a Gameplay Programmer, and has Media Molecule describing itself as "a new independent studio working on a ground-breaking, AAA, PS3 title for Sony Computer Entertainment" that is currently expanding.

The job requires things like "experience writing and maintaining physics code" and experience with "a console game with an online component," both of which, as Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/media-molecule-working-on-groundbreaking-new-ps3-game-137107.phtml] points out, sound like the kind of qualities good for someone working on LittleBigPlanet 2, or maybe something entirely new.

Then again, the listing could simply be for someone to continue the ongoing work on LittleBigPlanet - with Media Molecule's growing portfolio they might be looking for more talent just to keep things running well.

[Via PS3Center [http://www.ps3center.net//news/3269/media-molecule-working-on-a-new-groundbreaking-ps3-title/]]

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Keane Ng said:
A job listing posted by LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule suggests that the studio is currently developing a "ground-breaking" game for the PS3.
What, again? Christ, guys, it's alright to relax for a bit, y'know.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Arrers said:
Will Stephen Fry be in it? 'Coz that's all I care about.
I second that, Stephen Fry made 40% of LBP awesome.

It's not surprising Media Molecule did sign a contract with Sony guaranteeing I believe 5 new IP's minus LBP.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Awesome! I do believe I've heard some rumors about part 2 but I hope it's a new project and IP that expands on their creative capabilities.

Keane Ng said:
"a new independent studio working on a ground-breaking, AAA, PS3 title for Sony Computer Entertainment"
Keane Ng said:
Then again, the listing could simply be for someone to continue the ongoing work on LittleBigPlanet - with Media Molecule's growing portfolio they might be looking for more talent just to keep things running well.
If you read the statement it seems highly unlikely that the person would simply be an upgrade of staff, LBP was groundbreaking alright but the 'new studio' will definetly be used for something more.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Hopefully this groundbreaking game will not have a EULA that lets sony own every piece of custom content.