Bond's Back Again In GoldenEye Reloaded 007

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Bond's Back Again In GoldenEye Reloaded 007

The remake of GoldenEye is being remade yet again, this time for the 360 and PS3.

By all rights, the Wii iteration of GoldenEye 007 was a modern rehash of the classic Nintendo 64 shooter. In practice however, the game was much more. The Escapist's Greg Tito gave the game a glowing review [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8282-Review-GoldenEye-007], saying it featured "some of the best multiplayer the Wii has to offer."

Name recognition plus actual, verifiable quality gave the Wii remake respectable sales figures. Activision, never one to look a look a gift horse in the wallet, hopes to recapture that magic (and comically huge bags of cash) by remaking GoldenEye yet again, this time for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

"We are beyond ecstatic to debut GoldenEye 007: Reloaded to the millions of fans who have been clamoring for it to arrive on Sony and Microsoft home consoles," said Activision Executive Vice President David Oxford.

This latest iteration of James Bond's greatest virtual adventure features a brand new graphics engine, and online multiplayer for up to sixteen players. Initially the game will feature ten multiplayer maps that, in a nod to the game's N64 roots, can also be played locally with up to three other people via 4-player split screen multiplayer.

The game will also support Sony's Move peripheral. As of yet we don't exactly know how this will work, though Sony's Senior Vice President Rob Dyer seems appropriately excited by the concept.

"By bringing together GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, and PlayStation Move's Sharp Shooter, we are continuing to expand the new world of motion-based entertainment appealing for hardcore fans and only possible on PlayStation," Dyer said.

Officially, Activision has yet to announce a release date or pricing details, but if you believe Amazon France [http://www.amazon.fr/James-Bond-golden-eye-reloaded/dp/B005CALA8O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311040995&sr=8-2], the game is scheduled to hit retail on October 28.

Source: VG247

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I never even paid attention to the Wii version because of how crappy Rare always made aiming in their games and me not caring enough about anything James Bond enough to look into if they fixed it. But if they're going to give the PS3 version move support, maybe I'll pay attention to this version.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So wait...
They made a remake that nobody liked, so they then decided to... remake that remake?
Whaaaaaaaa?

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
I'm sorry but fuck the remakes. I HATE Daniel Craig as bond >.>

Wait, nobody liked the new Goldeneye? Not surprising...

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
So wait...
They made a remake that nobody liked, so they then decided to... remake that remake?
Whaaaaaaaa?
Feelin' a yo dawg moment comin' on!

OT: I'm actually kind of excited for this. I never bought the Wii remake because I was worried about the control scheme. However, now that it's using a proper controller, I'm looking forward to it.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Raping My Childhood

Raping My Childhood

Raping My Childhood

You will go get Mr.Brosnan and you will make his ass play Bond....not Daniel Craig...he wasnt in Goldeneye....

Go find the N64 version...buff it....put a $60 price tag on it...make it have Online MP AND Local MP and you will do just fine

Marudas

Jul 8, 2010
I'm usually adverse to Nintendoing things (See: Selling the same thing over and over again), but this is really one of the cases where it applies. You see, when I see stuff like Ocarina of Time being remade for 3ds, i guffaw and play it on the N64 without having to pay 250 bucks for a (in my opinion) lousy piece of hardware. But Goldeneye is one of the only places where it would be actually pretty nice to see it brought up to speed. Given this game was pretty much all about its multiplayer, and it was before the advent of online console gaming, you were limited to playing with you and 3 of your buds. While it was still great, Goldeneye can really benefit from big multiplayer matches. So long as all 8-16 players aren't using proximity mines, anyway....

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Leviano said:
about time it got remade for a real console.
hear hear.

though i hope it is packed with MUCH more features or at least comes at a reduced retail price before i agree to fork over my money.

i was more hoping for a downloadable title like Perfect Dark HD

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
TLS14 said:
hazabaza1 said:
So wait...
Whaaaaaaaa?
Feelin' a yo dawg moment comin' on!

OT: I'm actually kind of excited for this. I never bought the Wii remake because I was worried about the control scheme. However, now that it's using a proper controller, I'm looking forward to it.
Yo dawg! I heard you like remakes, so we put a remake in your remake so you can replay while you replay!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

OT: Seriously though... they should have spent their time and money (if they REALLY had to) making this for Xbox and PS3 from the start. The Wii has always been marketed as a family console and yet they made a multiplayer shooter for it? Uhhmm hello? The multiplayer shooter guys hang out on the big boys consoles these days, sorry to break it to ya Nintendo.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Another franchise falls to the oppressive copy and pasting of Activision. Why couldn't they make an original Bond game rather than duplicating... sorry, redeveloping, one that was successful in a past decade. Which they already copied. Poorly.

To me this solidifies the crappiness of developers under Activision. Obviously they must have fired all of the people who came up with new ideas. How many weeks will it be until they announce a re-re-remake which has a Tony Hawk cameo in and can be played with Guitar Hero peripherals?

On another note, I'm suprised that noone has posted "Goldeneye Hero" yet. Although this would be Goldeneye Hero 2 wouldn't it?

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Wait, so apparently millions of us have been wanting this for a while now? First I've heard of it. You guys should really keep me in the loop. Maybe then I'd share my tacos...

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This is great news indeed!, I liked the new Wii remake, although I couldn't help but to think that I was playing it with the wrong platform and yes, I liked the motion controls (wich seems that The Escapist staff sucks at). I even dare to say that this version is much, much better than the original game, by miles. Have you even played the original game recently?, nostalgia can blind many people.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I?m not shelling out for this, like, at all. I downloaded perfect dark on XBLA and that was fine. As if that wasn?t enough, I even bought the TimeSplitters Trilogy for about less than £10 on PS2. I don?t need this. At all.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
At first I thought it was the N64 version, and I was like:
And then I learned it was the Wii version with Daniel Craig, and I was like:
Dammit, I want my Pierce Brosnan, my second most favourite Bond ever!

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
RoseArch said:
A remake of a remake of a movie licensed game. We're doomed. xD
First they'd have to make a card game based on a game that is a remake of the remake of a movie licensed game.

After that they'd have to make a movie based on the card game on a game that is a remake of the remake of a movie licensed game.

then and only then will we be screwed. Oh yeah, and the movie has to be good.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Lt. Vinciti said:
You will go get Mr.Brosnan and you will make his ass play Bond....not Daniel Craig...he wasnt in Goldeneye....

Go find the N64 version...buff it....put a $60 price tag on it...make it have Online MP AND Local MP and you will do just fine
That'd be nice. I did like the Wii version, but getting the chance to ALSO get to play the N64 original would be awesome.

Leviano said:
about time it got remade for a real console.
So if you don't like the console, it doesn't count?

Unorthodoxx said:
Gentlemen...Goldeneye source mod....That is all.
One can dream...