DC Heroes and Villains Invade Legoland

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
DC Heroes and Villains Invade Legoland

Warner Bros. inked a deal for Lego to make more playsets and figures of the settings and characters of the DC Universe.

The license for characters and likenesses of the DC Universe are a hot commodity, one that has been lucrative for both Warner Bros. with its film adaptations as well as videogames. One of those games, Lego Batman has sold more than 12 million copies since it came out in 2008 (admittedly because it was a pack-in game for the Xbox 360) and WB has decided to extend its relationship with Lego. Thanks to this new deal, the Danish brickmakers will now be able to use the entire catalog of DC comics for toys and playsets. The first line will include 13 characters from the DC universe including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor which will launch in January 2012.

"This partnership gives builders a chance to recreate the characters, vehicles and worlds of some of the most iconic super heroes, so they can relive the action and even customize it, a proven and winning formula in Lego construction," said Jill Wilfert, VP, licensing and entertainment for the Lego Group.

Attendees at San Diego Comic Con will get the first glimpse of this new union with 3,000 exclusive Batman and Green Lantern minifigures given away from the Lego booth.

If you're headed to SDCC, be sure to grab a Batman or two for me.

Source: Variety [http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040143?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews]

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Seems pretty cool, I can't wait to see what they do with these. On a related note, I just got back from LA (for a cousin's wedding) last night, but I definitely would've gone to Comic-Con if I was in town for just a few days longer.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Awesome! I read the full thing at another site showing that it included Marvel as well. Now these I'm buying.

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
FIRST!

Also, I'm SERIOUSLY hoping that they make minifigures for all of the lantern corps. instead of just the Green Lantern Corps. I'm hoping for some Black Lantern and Red Lantern minifigures, so I can make Black Lantern Spoony and Red Lantern Ultimate Warrior minifigures to go with my Dr. Insano Minifigure.

Apr 17, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I just hope they have Harley in her usual jester outfit instead of whorenurse.
They've already done a Harley minifig in their Batman line which i assume they'll reuse and yes, she was dressed as a harlequin. She was also driving a truck with built-in hammers but thats besides the point

The first line will include 13 characters from the DC universe including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor which will launch in January 2012.
So thats seven, and I assume Green Lantern will be the eighth unless he remains just the exclusive, so I wonder who the others are

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Greg Tito said:
If you're headed to SDCC, be sure to grab a Batman or two for me.
Me too, please! Although a Green Lantern would still be good. Unless it's Guy.

Stupid England, being nowhere near San Diego...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
J03bot said:
...Although a Green Lantern would still be good. Unless it's Guy.
Well with as often as they kick the character Guy Gardner in the face of course he's gonna be thrown into the scrappy heap.

Also, I wants me one of Punchmaster. Or if he's too awesome too exist, Captain Marvel.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
I'm a sucker for Legos and Batman villains so if they have a Batman villain pack, I'm most definitely picking that up.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
this stuff is cute really but I wish lego would focus more on their own projects and less on taking a popular commodity and legoizing it.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are working with a lego space set and not trying to make starwars thing but instead my own things I'd create combining robots and ships. Bases and under sea kingdoms. I never once wanted to make something starwars or Batman related I didn't care because I had my own imagination to work with.