Help Name The Soul Calibur V Cast

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Help Name The Soul Calibur V Cast

The latest Soul Calibur V promotion gives fans a chance to name CPU opponents.

Can you come up with better character names than the gentlemen at Namco Bandai? You can? The latest promotional event for the upcoming, swashbuckling, fighting game Soul Calibur V gives you the opportunity to prove it.

If you head on over to the the Official Competition Page [http://www.soularchive.jp/npc_recruiting/] and fill out a short, but ever so slightly surreal, questionnaire you could see your name, or the name of someone you hate, used for one of the AI opponents in Soul Calibur V.

The competition will run until August 5th and you can submit as many applications as you like. Sadly there are a few caveats to ruin the fun. Obviously trademarked terms are out and names considered "offensive" will not be accepted unless they're very subtle. If you're one of the three people who weren't going to break at least one of those rules then give the competition a shot. You'll probably win by default.

Namco Bandai hasn't mentioned if the winner's submissions will be turned into original characters or something more akin to the simple model swaps used to pad out the rosters of the past two Soul Calibur games. Either way, in a game dominated by characters with names like Siegfried and Lizardman it might be nice to come across the occasional Mike or Steve. Yeah. Steve is a good one. Write that down.

Soul Calibur V will arrive on XBox 360 and PS3 sometime in 2012. In the meantime, you can check out the trailer here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/3660-Soul-Calibur-V-Trailer]

Source:GamesRadar [http://www.gamesradar.com/]

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Now this sounds like a lot of fun - but I'm really going to have to think about what name to use... I'd tell you my ideas - but then that would spoil the surprise! (And someone might steal my glory!) >_<

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
ugh. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel. But of course, the people from Tekken are basically making this, and as seen in Tekken, its going down hill fast.

But whatever. its nice to see the sheep baa to the shepherd's command (is hating there's a new Soul Cal game).

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Screw new characters, I want Yoda to be renamed Muff Goblin'!

I have a feeling anything I would send them would be rejected right away...

Not that it matters much if they continue with their tradition of scrolling text walls for the story campaign instead of mixing the story with the gameplay(I guess that's a little harder for a fighter though).

Seriously, Muff Goblin', he's the perfect height!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Sixteen letters maximum in the name?! How am I supposed to fit "Barely-dressed Sadist Chick", "Generic Asian Sword Guy" and "Petite Miniskirt Girl Who's 'Totally over 18'"?
Use the power of leet. Dont ask me who that would work though...

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Apparently a space isn't part of "english alphabets or numbers".

Grey Carter said:
Wait a fucking minute
They let you do news articles now? The guy that does work on a comic entirely about dick jokes (under the clever guise of games journalism stuff). Am I in the twilight zone?

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Who's style does your character fit most? Siegfried.

Which character in the upcoming Soul Caliber V fits your character's style the most? Siegfried.

Nightmare and Siegfried are fighting, who do you side with? ...Um...Siegfried.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I want my Tales of Souls mode back!! I was well disappointed that Soul Calibur IV didn't have Tales of Souls.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I submitted a few for craps and laffs. They were serious entries with Soul Calibur-esque names but I'll be *floored* if any of them make it.

And now to play the waiting game...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
fanklok said:
Apparently a space isn't part of "english alphabets or numbers".

Grey Carter said:
Wait a fucking minute
They let you do news articles now? The guy that does work on a comic entirely about dick jokes (under the clever guise of games journalism stuff). Am I in the twilight zone?
He has joined the glorious Escape News Team Army, yes. His corgi is on back order.

Mrselfdestruct

Sep 5, 2009
I submitted a Welsh character called BillyBob who uses Astaroth's weapon.
I wonder if he'll make it into the game...

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Yeah, it's not letting me make any character. It keeps telling me that I have to use English alphabet and numbers, which I am as far as I know.

EDIT: Good bye, space!

COunrty of Origin: Somewhere Geographical