The Punisher Comes To PlayStation Network

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Punisher Comes To PlayStation Network

Frank Castle will be doling out some righteous fury on the PS3 later this summer when the PSN-only The Punisher: No Mercy arrives at the beginning of July.

The Punisher is a character who seems built for videogames, especially nowadays when the The Punisher: No Mercy [http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Marcus_Fenix] looks to remedy that situation when it arrives exclusively on PSN in a couple weeks.

Unlike previous Punisher games, No Mercy looks to be a multiplayer-focused FPS featuring "an eclectic mix of Punisher allies and villains." Gameplay details are somewhat scarce, but ZEN Studios managing director Zsolt Kigyossy promises "a customizable system and fast-paced multiplayer action," whatever that means. Matches will allow eight players (four on four I'm guessing) to battle it out in "solo and team-based missions."

There's also a single-player story mode that seems like something of an afterthought. Marvel says it features an original storyline and art from Marvel artist Mike Deodato, and will serve as a way for players to unlock additional content.

"Our team has been working long hours to deliver a first-person shooter experience that will live up to the Punisher name," Kigyossy said. The Punisher name, of course, goes hand in hand with dark, over-the-top ultra-violence, so here's hoping No Mercy can deliver on that promise. It's rated M, so there's a start.

No Mercy will be available on July 2 for the "criminally low" price of $9.99 on PlayStation Network.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I loved the punisher on the original xbox. I hope you will still be able to "interogate" people and get Nam flash backs.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I'll keep an eye out for this. Sounds like it could be worth a look.
The other one for the PS2 was brilliant. Hope it can compare...

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
bjj hero said:
I loved the punisher on the original xbox. I hope you will still be able to "interogate" people and get Nam flash backs.
I would only buy the game if I could dangle people over piranaha tanks.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
bjj hero said:
Oh yes! Loved the interogations. Shark Tanks = Win.