Humble Indie Bundle 3: Now With Humble Indie Bundle 2!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Indie Bundle 3: Now With Humble Indie Bundle 2!

A new and amazing bonus has been added to the already-awesome Humble Indie Bundle 3: the Humble Indie Bundle 2!

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 was already a hell of a deal when it launched: Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight and And Yet It Moves, in a pay-what-you-want package with proceeds going to the developers or charity at your discretion. And when that wasn't awesome enough, Notch Steel Storm: Burning Retribution [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111964-Humble-Indie-Bundle-3-Now-With-Minecraft], was added to the pile.

But you know what? Not awesome enough! So now, on top of everything else, the Humble Indie Bundle 3 also includes the Humble Indie Bundle 2: Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos and Revenge of the Titans. Holy crap!

There is one catch, however. In order to get HIB2 thrown in, you'll have to pay more than the current average price for HIB3, which at the moment stands at $4.85. And while I'm sure this will elicit cries of "Unfair!" from people who insist on seeing it as a betrayal of the "pay what you want" ideal, there is just no rational way to argue that five bucks for this package is not the best gaming deal you're going to run into, possibly until the next Humble Indie Bundle rolls around.

So, to recap: 11 games, Minecraft promo and do a solid for charity, all for about five bucks. I don't need to say anymore, do I? The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is available for six more days at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com/]. Go get it!

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
It should be noted that existing customers get the games complimentary, at least that is what I read on their twitter page. I'd imagine you just access them from your link you received in your email, maybe they show up on your Steam account automatically like the sixth game added, but I have no clue.

robinhood36

Burnt Bacon Bits
Apr 13, 2009
Scizophrenic Llama said:
It should be noted that existing customers get the games complimentary, at least that is what I read on their twitter page. I'd imagine you just access them from your link you received in your email, maybe they show up on your Steam account automatically like the sixth game added, but I have no clue.
Same idea, as long as you paid over average you get the games and you just have to use the humble bundle link they emailed you, grab the second steam key (or download individually) and there you go

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Thanatus1992 said:
Fantastic, just got it. One problem though, cortex command seems to be missing :(
It just doesn't appear on steam because the game isn't 100% finished yet.

It'll appear once the game is completed automatically.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Mister Benoit said:
Thanatus1992 said:
Fantastic, just got it. One problem though, cortex command seems to be missing :(

Oooooh, thanks! Even without it, the other games will keep me busy for a while.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
So, I see this, check my already-bought bundle page, and BOOM. I now have eleven games.

AWESOME! Talk about the purchase that keeps on giving.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Okay... I'll wait until Humble Indie Bundle 4 to buy in, so I can get Humble Indie Bundle 3 (which I have the one game in the bundle I really care about).

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Thanatus1992 said:
Mister Benoit said:
Thanatus1992 said:

Machinarium is a blast, even if you don't play through all the games, you're able to download quite a few of the sounds tracks which are awesome.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Thanatus1992 said:
Mister Benoit said:
Thanatus1992 said:

you can still play cortex command you just have to download it from the link thay give you not steam

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
As someone who has already purchased all three bundles, I can honestly say something about it. Can't remember what, though.

P.S. Thanks

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Checks site. Average PC user purchase = $4.90.
I paid $5 :-D

Although I already own Braid and Machinarium. I wish that Steam would recognise this and give me giftable versions of Braid, Machinarium and VVVVVV. Oh well, it was still only $5 so I can't complain.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
This is just a stupidly good deal. Machinarium is my favourite videogame love story of all time, Braid was a moving tale ingeniously told, Crayon Physics Deluxe is digitally-concentrated childhood... any one of those games is worth the price of admission, but to get all that for a fiver? Amazing.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Just bought it for $6.50. I'm not big into the indie gaming scene, but eleven games for anything over $4.90 is a damn good deal.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
Just bought it. There's seriously no reason not to at this point. They just keep sweetening the deal.