Meet the New Tommy, Same as the Old Tommy, in Prey 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Meet the New Tommy, Same as the Old Tommy, in Prey 2

The first screenshot of Domasi "Tommy" Towadi in Prey 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Prey-2-Pc/dp/B004SG1JIO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312908139&sr=8-2] is out and it doesn't look like life on a tough alien world has changed him very much.

There were a few raised eyebrows following the Prey [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108639-Prey-2-Details-Reveal-a-Very-Un-Prey-Like-Game], would not be the Big Man With a Gun in Prey 2. That role will instead fall to a guy named Killian Samuels, a U.S. Marshal who was aboard the passenger jet that famously crashed into the Sphere and who now makes a living as a bounty hunter - and, he thinks, the only human - on the planet known as Exodus.

But as the great man once said, there is another! It turns out that Tommy is also on Exodus, although what he's doing there is anybody's guess, and eventually he and Killian hook up to rock the world. This isn't exactly news - it was revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110931-E3-Prey-2] back in June at E3 - but now we can finally see what he looks like on this new, alien world.

And the new Tommy looks an awful lot like the old Tommy, with the same haircut, same jeans and same jacket he was sporting in the first game. It might seem a bit unfair that the new guy is loaded out like a super-cyber-bounty hunter of the future while Tommy hasn't even been able to change his pants in the last five years [and those jeans do seem to be holding up remarkably well] but he did manage to take down the eternal, star-spanning Sphere in those duds, so maybe it's for the best that nothing comes between him and his Calvins.

A full-size shot of Tommy's first appearance is up on the Prey 2 Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/prey2]. Prey 2 is currently in development at Human Head Studios and scheduled for launch in March 2012 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Crappy screenshot. Why show a characters back? It doesn't make them look heroic. Makes me feel like they are hiding something. Prey was a good game. Prey 2, I'm still skeptical.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Is it just me, or does the title seem like a reference to the Who?
I mean, Tommy, paraphrased lyric from Won't Get Fooled Again, just seems clever.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Didn't he die? I mean but more then die. Didn't he get flung into the sun like a DC villain?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
mcnally86 said:
Didn't he die? I mean but more then die. Didn't he get flung into the sun like a DC villain?
No, he escaped the Sphere and went back to work at the bar.

Landrius

Feb 14, 2011
mcnally86 said:
It's been a while but I remember there was a sequence after the "he drove the giant spaceship into the sun" thing where he lived and went back to doing normal stuff until some portal opens up in the diner or wherever it was, leading off to a cliffhanger.

I can't remember if that was before or after the credits but I'm pretty sure it was before.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
yeah he used that india burial ground after life dimension thing to get back to earth ... or did his his girl friend and err was that his uncle or grandad I dont remember well he survived and the rebel leader woman then asked him to meet some people that wanted to meet him or something.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
And the new Tommy looks an awful lot like the old Tommy, with the same haircut, same jeans and same jacket he was sporting in the first game. It might seem a bit unfair that the new guy is loaded out like a super-cyber-bounty hunter of the future while Tommy hasn't even been able to change his pants in the last five years [and those jeans do seem to be holding up remarkably well] but he did manage to take down the eternal, star-spanning Sphere in those duds, so maybe it's for the best that nothing comes between him and his Calvins.
But he's got magical Indian superpowers, a ghost hawk that can translate any language and technically he can't die.

Andy Chalk said:
mcnally86 said:
No, he escaped the Sphere and went back to work at the bar.
Nope, after the credits he enters a portal and the phrase 'PREY will continue' pops up.

Apr 28, 2008
You know, I'm not a story expert or anything, but wouldn't this be a huge-ass spoiler?

I mean... it sounds like it'd be a huge-ass spoiler.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Irridium said:
You know, I'm not a story expert or anything, but wouldn't this be a huge-ass spoiler?

Wich part?, the ending of the first game or the revelation that Tommy will make an appearance in Prey 2?

About the first game... well, it's quite a bit old, like 5 years old and as for the second, yeah, I agree that it would've been a nice surprise to see he wasn't excluded from the second game.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"It turns out that Tommy is also on Exodus, although what he's doing there is anybody's guess, and eventually he and Killian hook up to rock the world."

In other words... Co-op?

Apr 28, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Which part?
SupahGamuh said:
Irridium said:

Wich part?, the ending of the first game or the revelation that Tommy will make an appearance in Prey 2?

About the first game... well, it's quite a bit old, like 5 years old and as for the second, yeah, I agree that it would've been a nice surprise to see he wasn't excluded from the second game.
Mainly that Tommy is appearing in Prey 2. I mean, it seems like something that would be best as a surprise.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
koroem said:
Crappy screenshot. Why show a characters back? It doesn't make them look heroic. Makes me feel like they are hiding something. Prey was a good game. Prey 2, I'm still skeptical.
Do you recommend someone to play it? Because I am excited for Prey 2 and I would like to play the first one, if it's any good.

OT: Dude looks pretty mysterious. I hope he's like, an enemy or something. I love when people do way out of left field stuff like that in games/movies.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
MrSnugglesworth said:
koroem said:
Do you recommend someone to play it? Because I am excited for Prey 2 and I would like to play the first one, if it's any good.

OT: Dude looks pretty mysterious. I hope he's like, an enemy or something. I love when people do way out of left field stuff like that in games/movies.
Yeah I do. It might feel a little dated graphics and game play wise, but the gravity inversion walkways, spirit walking, and portals were neat and novel for their time. Just keep in mind from what the devs are saying, Prey 2 won't be anything like it.

Femaref

May 4, 2008
MrSnugglesworth said:
koroem said:

Yes, I would. It hasd its rough edges, but I have fond memories of the game.