Immortalize Your World of Warcraft Pet

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Immortalize Your World of Warcraft Pet

Apparently replicating World of Warcraft avatars just wasn't enough for the FigurePrints people, as the firm has launched a limited edition run of complementary "FigurePets."

As the name suggests, FigurePets are real-world iterations of World of Warcraft's non-combat companions [http://www.figureprints.com/pets/]. The line does not currently feature all of the non-combat pets currently roaming the woodlands of Azeroth, but the official website clearly shows Speedy The Turtle, a Clockwork RocketBot and Stinker The Skunk.

As with the larger FigurePrints -- a line of figurines custom made to resemble the character you play in World of Warcraft -- FigurePets are aimed squarely at the truly hardcore WoW fan. Individually each of the figures will set you back $30, but when all three are purchased as part of the Series 1 Full Set, the grand total comes to $75.

Though no future plans have been revealed, it seems almost guaranteed that a different group of virtual pets will get the reality treatment as part of Series 2.

No word on which cuddly critters will be making the cut, but I've got my fingers crossed for a Smolderweb Hatchling. My rogue just doesn't look right without his evil lil' buddy [http://www.flickr.com/photos/nexflamma/3657811991/].

(Image courtesy FigurePrints)

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
more money leaching stuff from WOW...meh, i dont really care about WOW, but it sounds cool to have your pet as a figurine... if you are into figurines

i kind of like to buy "especial eddition" games just for the figurines hehe

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
This would be cooler if there was an ability to actually name non-combat pets, otherwise, a bit too generic for the price.

Vriggchan

Jun 18, 2009
with the amount of people who glorify wow, this company is not going to have any issues staying afloat in this market.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
oliveira8 said:
If two people with two rocket bots cross paths...will the rocket bots fight?
They used to, back when they first gave them out in xmas of 07. But now they don't anymore :(

lol priests would just bubble theirs all the time so it would never die

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Meh, come back when you can get combat pets. I might actually get my Warlock if she could have a Felguard to go with her...

Frenger

May 31, 2009
One of the few things I miss from my WoW-account is Willy.

I mean, he blasts critters and is darn cute, what else do you want? One Eye'd Willy rocks!

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
Please spend your money on completely useless crap so we can get richer off your totally pointless need for figurine obsessions.

This is what I see here. If you have them in game, why the fuck would you want them in your room. It's even less interesting as a toy than as a virtual toy.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
oliveira8 said:
If two people with two rocket bots cross paths...will the rocket bots fight?
Yes they both send rockets at each other