Resistance 3 Multiplayer Will Lead You to That Big Island Down Under

Brian Albert

Aug 5, 2011
Resistance 3 Multiplayer Will Lead You to That Big Island Down Under

A new video showcasing Resistance 3's Australian map is less about koalas and more about heavy weapons and head shots.

[viddler=380d7229]

Called Alice Springs, this environment takes players to a brown, cracked, war-torn outback to, well, continue the war.

Previously unveiled maps will have players globetrotting to such locales as Columbia, the UK, and the Republic of Chad in Africa. Alice Springs is the first to bring the fight to the land of kangaroos, vegemite, and Yahtzee.

The reveal footage suggests Alice Springs will be geared toward close- to mid-range combat. Dirty, desolate streets and dusty lots littered with gutted vehicles seem to be the lay of the land. Quick movement and the ability to improvise cover will likely be key.

Like all of the other announced maps, Alice Springs will support 16 players.

Though the single-player campaign sees Joseph Capelli traveling from Oklahoma to New York City, James Stevenson, senior community manager at Insomniac Games, noted Australia has always had an important place in Resistance lore - having served as a refugee camp even as the Chimera dominated most of the globe.

Resistance 3 is set to launch on September 6 only for the PlayStation 3.

Source: PlayStation Blog

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Meh. Video looks and feels like every other game of the genre, but I'm sure it will impress someone.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
My only question to this is why its called XP Points whenever they kill someone. I thought it was just supposed to be XP seeing as how XP is already short for experience points.

OT: I'll probably pick this one up even though I haven't really played the other ones. Looks like it could be fun from just the modern day shooter

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

Well lucky you,this is where...the back closet in the basement of the creepy house nobody goes to!
But yeah,it's nice to see some news that is about this game for once.

CAPTCHAYou gotta see this shit:

The fuck is that one thing that's blurred out to the degree that I can't tell what the fuck it is!?

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Well it looks fairly similar to what Alice Spirngs actually looks like.

Just add a few bear bottles and alcahol problems and it would be prity much perfect.

Ooo and a dried up river for people to run down (they actually do that as a sport with boats that are hollowed out at the bottom).

Sad really but anyway OT

The gameplay looks generic and the sniper is still Over powered but never the less it is more fun than Call of Duty.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
It's a novel experience to finally by acknowledged in the world of triple A titles for once, even if multiplayer doesn't interest me even in the slightest.