New Hitman Movie in the Works, Game Coming Next Year

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
New Hitman Movie in the Works, Game Coming Next Year

Fox has gotten the ball rolling on a sequel to 2007's Hitman movie, potentially scheduled for release next year along with the apparently 2010-bound Hitman 5.

I didn't see the Hitman movie, but I assume that it was bad. Was I wrong or was I right? Oh well, it doesn't really matter - after grossing $100 million in theaters and launching the careers of the girl from Quantum of Solace and the bad guy in Die Hard 4, Hitman is getting a sequel regardless of what any of us think.

According to IESB [http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7070&Itemid=99], 20th Century Fox has hired Kyle Ward to pen the script for Hitman 2: Hit Manner (title unconfirmed). Ward's not inexperienced in the subtle art of the videogame to movie adaptation, having scripted the Kane & Lynch movie, which apparently stars Bruce Willis and is due to start production later this year.

The Hitman sequel will be based on the storyline for Hitman 5, and begin with Agent 47 in some kind of horrible state. Let's hope that he didn't decide to make like Max Payne and put on some pounds and forget how to do his laundry. According to IESB's report, Hitman 5 is scheduled for release by the end of 2010, which could probably indicate a timeframe for the movie as well, if Fox decides to give us a double dose of Agent 47.

[Via Canmag [http://www.canmag.com/nw/14259-fox-hitman-sequel]]

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Actually, I thought the hitman movie was alright... definitely the best video game movie I've seen.... there were some pretty stupid parts, and yeah it really didn't feel like it had a whole lot of connection to the game other than agent 47 (was more of a cheap action movie than anything), but all in all i enjoyed it.

pretty psyched for a new Hitman game though!

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
The movie was kinda good actually, didn't really have much to do with the game but was filled with shameless fighting all around. The love stuff was a bit stupid though, I mean isn't he supposed to be a heartless clone?

The game will be brutal as ever judging by the screenshot :D

Definately got high hopes for both the movie and the game!

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
ya know, all the talk about the love stuff... i thought it was handled quite comically. he clearly didn't love the chick, just kinda felt a bit more human towards her... remember that part where she came onto him in the hotel? fuckin classic reaction.

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
While I immensely enjoy the games (played & finished all of them), the movie earns a solid C+.
Mostly cheesy acting, mostly stupid dialog, a largely absurd plot, but with some cool firefight scenes and explosions. Roughly what any reasonably skeptical viewer would expect of a game-based movie. Worth the time it takes to watch, but not worth paying much money for the privilege.

I look forward to the next Hitman game far more than the movie.

However, if they manage to recruit Bruce Willis for the new one he would make an awesome 47...

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Oh 47 you mysterioud bald devil. We love you so. We love killing men in varieties of different ways - from running in with M100s to posinning the mark's wine.

Tim11pop

Apr 12, 2009
The film was reasonable. Though I felt no need for him to pull that girl, she wasn't even that good looking

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
The movie was TERRIBLE as a Hitman movie, but fine as an action film.

It was terrible because it took the source material, and threw it out the window. What's the point of using the source material if you're going to totally ignore it?
He was a clone, not some orphan kid.
He has no emotion. At all. He wouldn't even let the 'love' scene get as far as it did.
He doesn't run in with guns blazing (Unless you're playing on easy for fun). He's meticulous, careful, planning every step and move. He's brutal, and efficient.

And what did we get? Some generic, 'written by a 15 year old' story about some orphan kid and guns blazing and explosions happening. Waste of the source material. Total and complete waste. The only reason it sold well was because of the game, and the whole reason it sucked was because it used that name just to get audiences to see it, and then threw everything else away.

I'll not be seeing number 2.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
The Movie isn't bad....i mean i bought it on DVD, but the movies don't do justice to the games esp Blood Money, quite possibly the best game i have ever played on the PS2.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
New Hitman game! Hooray! I still play blood money.
Agent 47 is such a cold character, which the film did not pick up on, hopefully that will change.
The film was by no means bad, but it was more like a diehard or misson impossible than Hitman.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
The movie was as bad as Max Payne, for pretty much the same reasons. There was no faith in the tone and the character whatsoever so they just made some generic piece of crap with lots of matrix:y action sequences and swordfights. I'd rather watch an Uwe Boll movie. At least you can laugh at those. Hitman was just an unfunny, unexciting ball of muck.

I fear for the game if the movie is using the same plot. That means they will have "re-imagined" it to include a bunch of unavoidable action sequences. 47 would be more interesting as an unstoppable antagonist rather than a pale Jason Bourne-copy.