Me vs 1 vs 100

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Me vs 1 vs 100

What magic mojo do you need to make it onstage in Xbox Live's 1 vs. 100?

Read Full Article

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I might join in if it's free to Gold Members, otherwise just another something that will have to wait until I'm employed.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Wooh, they are some big issues that need sorted. I might take a pop at this game if these bugs get fixed.

Magic Mojo is everywhere, you ust don't know it.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
When does this get a Europe release (if it's not out just now).
I'm looking forward to this because it looks quite good and I finally get use out of my avatar :D

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I might join in if it's free to Gold Members, otherwise just another something that will have to wait until I'm employed.
It costs money to play it? A virtual gameshow? Well, that's it, i lost all (non-existant) interest in this game.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
I actually just tried that game last night at a friend's insistence, and I must admit I liked it. It was fun answering questions, but that might have been mostly because I was discussing them with my friend I was playing with.

I was asking him about the "one" part and how the game is supposed to work, but he didn't know. I don't really care either, it was just fun. Had some good questions, too.

But I suppose I could get bored with it quickly if it really is unfair/broken and there's no possibility for advancement.

TheDoomThing

Jun 24, 2009
Well, good luck. Random selections hate me.

And plus, I'm not that good at trivia questions. Unless it's about The Big Lobowski quotes. Then you can count me the heck in.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
MasterSqueak said:
It IS a beta.

Is it free to play? If so I may try it.
Free for Gold members, yes. There's also a promotion that lets Silver members play this weekend, too. So everyone can give it a shot.

As a few folks have pointed out, there are no prizes given out in the beta, so it's just for fun and practice. And maybe some bragging rights.

CrAcKmUnKeE

Jun 25, 2009
Ok So everyone knows, I'm the guy that missed the parachute question. But I am not entirely to blame for this. I had friends over while playing and one of them was on my computer looking for the Loneley Island mp3s I have. I turned away from the screen when the question was asked and was looking at my comp when my buddy yelled "x crash helmet!". NOt seeing the question I hit x, only too look up in time to see the question I believe it was along the lines of "What slows your fall when you jump out of an airplane?" regardless crash helmet was not the answer.

Worst part it was the first question I had missed all night.
SO don't blame me, blame my friend.

Oh and my friends all got a great laugh out of it especially when Chris made his quip about missing the question.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
If you get on let us know!

But I doubt I'll ever try this, not my thing, and if the real thing requires to pay for it, then no way.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Hum de dum... I love game shows and random trivia. Especially the bragging rights it gives when playing and beating friends.

I take pride in my knowledge =)

HOWEVER, my fear is that there will be obscure political questions, like: "who was the secretary of defence in the JFK administration?" I don't know that on the top of my head.

And another thing, is there a time limit? Like an actual limit where you cannot answer anymore? I haven't seen the show, but that would be reasonable to keep people from Googling the answers.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
weirdly, this is the first thing I've heard to convince me to renew my gold membership. Nothing has appealed to me until now. Hope to see you there!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Chapper said:
Hum de dum... I love game shows and random trivia. Especially the bragging rights it gives when playing and beating friends.

I take pride in my knowledge =)

HOWEVER, my fear is that there will be obscure political questions, like: "who was the secretary of defence in the JFK administration?" I don't know that on the top of my head.

And another thing, is there a time limit? Like an actual limit where you cannot answer anymore? I haven't seen the show, but that would be reasonable to keep people from Googling the answers.
Yep, there are only a few seconds to answer each question. No WAY you could look up the answers. I have heard that people have seen repeat questions, but I have yet to see any.

As for the questions, there are certainly some obscure ones, but in the Live games, especially, they're pretty pop culture oriented. Or at least stuff you probably should know, whether you do or not.

It's really a very good mix of questions. Well, except for all the soccer ones. I mean seriously, what the hell? (Yes, soccer is big all over the world, but not in North America, which is where the beta is being tested.)

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Yeah, I get that. I wouldn't mind any soccer related questions, but I'm a European, so I know this stuff. Totally different story if I was suddenly faced with questions about American football. I'm not even sure what Super Bowl is.. Only that it's extremely important for any father figure in American sitcoms.

If they manage to make the overall questions, how should I put it, answerable for the entire world, or rather make the answerability (wow, making new words here...) as realistic as possible, I think this might be something I'd definitely will be interested in. Just have buy some better internetz connection.... My Live suxxorz -__-'

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I will give it a shot but i'm not good answering questions quickly under pressure

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
I dont like modenr pop culture questions. Someone mentioned The Big Lowbowsky or whatever its called. Everyone seems to know what this is but me.

On the other hand, i can do well on some obscure things. Not many people have actualy read DOn Quixote even if everyone knows about the character.