Team Ico Collection Contains New Last Guardian Details

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Team Ico Collection Contains New Last Guardian Details

The Last Guardians' baby griffin will rub shoulders with colossi and shadow creatures in an upcoming HD game compilation.

As if containing two of the last console generation's best games wasn't enough, the upcoming Team Ico collection [http://www.amazon.com/ICO-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313495241&sr=8-1] will also give us a fresh look at the intriguing The Last Guardian, which tells the tale of an as-yet-unnamed boy and Trico, a baby griffin-like creature in a hostile world.

The Last Guardian info is tucked away in the disc's bonus features. As well as a lot of concept art and prototypes for Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, the disc features a 12-minute-long behind-the-scenes look at studio itself, where members of Team Ico will talk about all three games, and debut previously unseen The Last Guardian footage.

It doesn't sound like there's going to be a huge amount of new material; twelve minutes isn't all that long when you've got three whole games to talk about, and especially not when two of those games are Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. It's a nice bonus for hardcore Team Ico fans though - even though they probably didn't need any extra incentive to buy an HD remake of the studio's previous games - as well as people new to the team's work who want to see what's coming next.

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection comes for PS3 out on September 27th.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/15/ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection-bonus-content-trophies-revealed/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29]

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Well, since I already plan on getting SoTC, I shall see it.
It does look kickass.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
I still think this should be ported to xbox360. Even if its just for the sheer amusement of seeing some of the more rabid fans attempting to scale such massive beasts

May 25, 2010
Sucal said:
I still think this should be ported to xbox360. Even if its just for the sheer amusement of seeing some of the more rabid fans attempting to scale such massive beasts
Not gonna happen. Both of those games are owned by SCE.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Gah! Why?! Why bonus material? Can't they just release the game already? The only games I've been waiting for longer then Last Guardian is Diablo 3 and Half Life 3. You're evil, Team Ico! Why do you torture us so?

Sucal said:
Don't worry. You guys have aaaaallll those Kinect titles to look forward to! Oh, and as many rehashs of Halo as Microsoft can churn out.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Project_Xii said:
Gah! Why?! Why bonus material? Can't they just release the game already? The only games I've been waiting for longer then Last Guardian is Diablo 3 and Half Life 3. You're evil, Team Ico! Why do you torture us so?
What worries me about The Last Guardian are the expectations behind it. Like, nobody really thought much about ICO or Shadow of the Collosus considering their marketing, and when people played it and found out it was really awesome their non-expectations were shattered. With the Last Guardian, everyone is expecting something heartbreaking or whatever from them, and kind of hype could backfire.

But, yeah, I am totally going to buy the shit out of this Collection and buy the shit out of The Last Guardian. Team ICO FTW.

Jan 27, 2011
Just shut up and take my money already!

I want the HD collection, and I want the last guardian. And I want it nao!!

Make it happen!

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Pfft, as if the collection wasn't oozing with enough "BUY IT NOW". Pre-ordered last month.

Ya, I'm a little concerned about the expectations too. Hopefully it won't turn out like the dream I had where TLG came out and it wasn't as good as I thought (...it was a slow week). Still, I have faith in Team Ico. If that indefinite delay really does give them time to add some more good stuff and work out the kinks, then it would be worth it. Maybe more will be revealed at TGS (if it's not coming out by Christmas, I would like maybe around March/April so I can justify spending full price on a game).

Demo pewttypwease? *puppy dog eyes*