Resident Evil Revelations Gameplay Trailers Forgot the Zombies

MitchyD

Feb 11, 2008
Resident Evil Revelations Gameplay Trailers Forgot the Zombies

Back-story, melodrama and undead-dog-killing abound in the latest RE: Revelations 3DS trailer.

OK, enough of Jill Valentine wandering mansion corridors looking for Chris Redfield, already. He's not there, obviously. Capcom's latest Resident Evil: Revelations [http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Revelations-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0050SVLI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313512535&sr=8-1] trailer gives us a glimpse of Chris and his new partner Jessica poking around a plane crash site in a snowy setting and over-the-shoulder-shooting their way through enemy-laden caves.

The GamesCom trailer dabbles in the sexy-secret-agent side of the story, where Chris discovers yet another infection. The brief gameplay showcase hits on basic puzzle-solving and combat stuff, as well as Jessica saving Chris' bacon from brain-biting bad guys. As expected, it's a whole lot of pew-pew murder and obtuse fetch-questing in itty-bitty bunches of video.

Despite the surprising lack of actual zombies, this is a Resident Evil game from top to bottom, and it's more of what impressed us at E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110936-E3-Resident-Evil-Revelations]. Revelations is really showing what a graphical powerhouse the 3DS can be with the flaming wreckage scenery as well.

Resident Evil: Revelations and its ridiculously pretty graphics hit the 3DS in 2012.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wow... more of the same from Capcom then. Still, those are some mighty fine graphics for a handheld console. Considering how awkward the controls were for Chris Tankfield in RE5, I can't imagine the 3DS' clumsy ergonomics will help matters here.

I have no idea what's going on with the story either. It looks like someone's been taking pointers from Killzone 3...

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Impressive graphics. Still not enough for me to even consider a 3DS purchase though.

MitchyD

Feb 11, 2008
Yeah, it's definitely in the same league as the new REs with the awkwardness. The demo I played at E3 for Revelations felt a lot like older RE games, though--key in the bathtub, limited mobility and ammo, close-quarters, a mansion...It was all there. This stuff looks much like the newer stuff we're used to. Maybe it's a fusion?

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
It looks like a real RE squeal, shame I don't own a 3Ds, this was the one reason I consider it but i might wait to see what other RE fans say, 5 has made me more weary of them.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Looks good for a handheld. I wonder if you can do wifi co op? Anyway, I have two questions: One, Chris is wearing short sleeves in the middle of a blizzard, yet has a wool cap on his head? Looks like someone was playing Killzone 4 before he was sent off with his new partner. Which brings me to the second question:
Chris, is it really TOO MUCH TO ASK that you tell Jill where you're going? "Hey Jill, the BSAA is sending me on a mission. I might be gone for a bit." Or how about just leaving a post it note? Something. While you're at it, how about you give your sister a call since she still has no idea where you are either. Come on man...